Have neighbors been leaving bags of zucchinis at your doorstep? This double Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake will be the tastiest treat you’ll make with your summer squash supply!
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is squash! You may recall that the hubby avoids zucchini like the plague. I was hopeful that a bit of smoke and mirrors could change all that.
But three cups of shredded zucchini was hard to disguise even with the addition of cocoa powder and chocolate chips. There were miniscule telltale spots of green interpersed amongst the rich chocolate base. Would he or wouldn’t he eat this Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake?
When Bill arrived home from work, he spotted this chocolate cake on the kitchen counter. He was most pleased to learn it was designated for home.
I saw him examining his slice after dinner, then taking his fork to pull out any visible “green stuff” with his fork. Foiled again! But he did admit he liked the cake before I revealed the secret ingredient. But he suggested that I leave out the zucchini next time! Sheesh.
But for all you “normal” zucchini loving folks out there, I promise this is one marvelous cake. It does not have the chocolate intensity of some of my other creations, but it is super moist and tender. Again, I took this to a group of my girlfriends to get their opinions. They unanimously praised it and I sent slices home with nearly everyone. I’d suggest making it in a classic Bundt pan, though, instead of one like mine. The chocolate chips tend to stick and so the simpler profile works best.Print
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake #SundaySupper
A double chocolate cake full of zucchini!!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Cake, dessert
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease and flour a Bundt pan (I spray with Baker’s Joy or a similar product).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk to the butter mixture and mix till combined. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake until until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
More Squash Recipes from the Sunday Supper Crew:
Starters – Appetizers & Cocktails:
- Bourbon Pumpkin Pie in a Glass from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Zucchini Pizza Bites from Mommas Meals
- Zucchini Tomato Focaccia Bread with Pretzel Salt from Family Foodie
Pickles & Relish:
Soups & Salads:
- Creamy Dairyfree Zucchini Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Pumpkin Soup with Bacon and Persimmon from Culinary Adventures with Camillia
- Tofu Vegetable Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Zucchini Cheese Soup from Noshing with the Nolands
- Zucchini Noodles with Basil Vinaigrette from Ruffles and Truffles
- Acorn Squash Ramen from Ninja Baking
- Beef, Butternut & Potato Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Ragu over Spaghetti Squash from The Texan New Yorker
- Black Bean, Butternut Squash & Millet Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Ancho-Guajillo Chile Sauce from Simply Healthy Family
- Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini from La Cocina de Leslie
- Gluten Free Zucchini Noodles & Meatballs from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Italian Sausage Zucchini Lasagna from Curious Cuisiniere
- Risotto with Butternut Squash, Chicken and Sage from Cooking Chat
- Sausage and Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Cups from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sesame Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Shockingly Delicious
- Spinach and Mushroom Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Stuffed Red Kuri Squash from Food Lust People Love
- Zucchini-Corn Pancakes from The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Thyme Baked Acorn Squash from An Appealing Plan
- Creamy Baked Acorn Squash from Simply Gourmet
- Grilled Zucchini and Corn Succotash from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Kabocha no Nimono (Simmered Acorn Squash) from A Mama, Baby and Shar Pei in the Kitchen
- Roasted Kabocha Squash from Peaceful Cooking
- Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Spaghetti Squash Fritters from Nosh My Way
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Delicata Squash and Pear from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Zucchini Succotash Cobbler with Cornbread Topping from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Sweets to Start or End the Day:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Zucchini Coffeecake with Chocolate Crumb from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Granny’s Zucchini Bread from Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups with Pumpkin Spice Dipping Sauce from Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Cookie Butter Cinnamon Buns with Cookie Butter Glaze from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Pumpkin Pie Layer Cheesecake Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Zucchini Brownies from Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Zucchini Lemon Ginger Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—>Sunday Supper Movement.