The chocoholics in my family are huge fans of this decadent Candy Bar Pie! Save it for the holidays, a special occasion or when you can’t ignore those chocolate cravings one more second!
Candy Bar Pie
Bill’s Aunt Alice was a spectacular cook…we were always treated to a gourmet, multi-course meal when visiting her. I have scads of recipe cards written in her tidy penmanship. I never left her house without asking for at least one, if not more recipes. She made excellent, flaky pie crusts, one of her specialties.
She had a couple of chocolate pies that I made frequently as a newlywed, one with a meringue crust and this one with a cookie crust. It was high time I revived some of these long-forgotten favorites. I’m certain I used Hershey bars back in the day, but I found these one-ounce Valrhona Lait bars at Trader Joes…and I couldn’t resist making a candy bar pie.
Baking for a Cure
We are Baking for a Cure for cancer…as this month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We’re encouraging you all to bake something for a friend afflicted by cancer or for the health professionals caring for them. I’m certain each of the Sunday Supper crew has their own story to share. I’ve already mentioned my career as an oncology nurse, my brother-in-law who is living today thanks to a stem cell transplant, and my many friends and family affected by cancer. I pray for better treatments and cures to come from on-going clinical research. Hopefully very soon.
You may need these supplies to make the candy bar pie recipe:
- 25 Nabisco Famous Wafers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 20 regular marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 8-ounce milk chocolate bar
- 1 cup heavy cream plus more for topping (I topped with 1/2 cup whipped cream)
- Grated chocolate to garnish
- Combine crushed cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter. Pat into 9-inch pie plate and freeze.
- In a medium saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, till melted. Add chocolate chunks and remove from heat. Stir till melted. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Whip the 1 cup cream and fold into chocolate. Pour into shell and refrigerated at least 3 hours.
- To serve, garnish each slice with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g