Katie was throwing a party for her friend who was moving to Buffalo plus celebrating her own plus another girlfriend’s birthday. One of the guests of honor requested a vanilla dessert so I whipped up these Buttercream Topped Vanilla Cupcakes for the occasion.
This vanilla cupcake recipe was moist, tender and got rave reviews!
Buttercream Topped Vanilla Cupcakes
Of course, these Buttercream Topped Vanilla Cupcakes were moist and wonderful. Katie and her party guests took care of most of the batch, but Bill got a chance to sample and declared them a hit as well.
Danielle used one of my favorite Ghirardelli cupcake recipes then topped her party cupcakes with a lovely buttercream from Magnolia Bakery. Sheer bliss. Each month we cook something from each other’s blog and reveal our recipe picks on the second Monday of the month.
Simple, Delicious White Cupcake Recipe
Tender with the perfect crumb, these white cupcakes disappeared quickly. With so many chocoholics in the family, it’s hard to remember that vanilla desserts can be quite scrumptious! Katie’s friends adored these gems!
Hugs & Cookies XOXO
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle for another magnificent dessert! This Vanilla Cupcake Recipe was divine. She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! Make Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes for your next celebrations. You’ll get loads of rave reviews!
Check out Danielle’s take on this recipe as well as her social media sites!
Check Out More Delicious Cupcake Recipes:
- Vanilla Buttercream Topped Cocoa Cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes
- Plus More of the Best Cupcakes Recipes
- 1 ¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- To make cupcakes, line cupcake tins with 16 paper liners. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Starting and ending with dry ingredients, add alternating with milk. Divide in muffin tins and bake for 20-23 minutes or till toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make buttercream, beat butter and 4 cups powdered sugar (half the total amount). Add the milk and vanilla and beat to combine. Add the remaining 4 cups of powdered sugar and beat till creamy. Add food coloring if desired. Fill pastry bag and pipe frosting over top of cupcakes. Garnish with candy or sprinkles if desired.
Cupcakes adapted from Ghirardelli; frosting adapted from Magnolia Bakery.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 0gSugar: 73gProtein: 2g