Big Dipper Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
These Big Dipper Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies are chewy and chock full of delicious butterscotch morsels!
Dipped in chocolate and garnished with holiday sprinkles, these chewy oatmeal cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day or any occasion.
Big Dipper Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
My post is doing double duty today…first for my monthly recipe exchange with my sweet friend, Danielle, of Hugs & Cookies XOXO, and second, for a magnificent Valentine’s Celebration hosted by Anna, of Crunchy Creamy Sweet. I’ve had Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies on the brain since the holidays.
They were featured at our neighborhood cookie exchange. That particular baker apologized as she didn’t use her favorite Guittard Butterscotch Chips, so she felt they were subpar. Well, I beg to disagree…as I don’t even like butterscotch chips and I ate ALL of her cookies. Then, I hunted down the proper chips (thank goodness for Amazon Prime) so I could make my own.
Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies for Valentine’s Day
To make these chewy oatmeal cookies extra festive since Valentine’s Day is approaching, I dipped them in melted semi-sweet chocolate and decorated them with the cutest holiday sprinkles. Besides the torture of waiting till the chocolate hardened so I could shovel one of these babies in my mouth, these cookies were easy as pie to make. The male family members aren’t as fond of butterscotch as Katie and I are, so I brought the bulk of these to Bill’s co-workers.
As per usual, they were thrilled with some homemade treats. So if you’re a fan of butterscotch chips, these are darn tasty. If not, just substitute some semi-sweet chocolate chips. The oatmeal cookie base is a winner!
Here are the other yummy recipes featured in today’s Valentine’s Day Celebration:
1. Raspberry Coconut Cheesecake Quinoa Bites with Dark Chocolate Glaze from Food Faith Fitness
2. Strawberry Glazed Vanilla Bean Doughnuts from Girl vs. Dough
3. Pink Vanilla Cupcakes from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
4. Valentine’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from Cooking for Keeps
5. Cream Cheese Funfetti Cookies from The Messy Baker
6. Cinnamon French Toast Lattes from A Kitchen Addiction
7. Dreamy Chocolate Cupcakes from Baker by Nature
8. Dark Chocolate Pancakes from Eat. Drink. Love.
9. Red Wine Creme Brulee from Diethood
10. Big Dipper Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake!
11. Peppermint Bark Brownies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
12. Berry Cheesecake Bars (skinny, no-bake) from Roxana’s Easy Home Baking
Giveaway is CLOSED.
Disclosure: Giveaway opened to U.S. residents only. No P.O. boxes please. Must be 18 or older to enter. Winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond. Giveaway sponsored by the group of bloggers featured.
More Cookies You’ll Love:
- Butterscotch Cookies
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- Pecan Pie Thumbprint Cookies
- Chewy Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Rolo Brownie Cookies
- More Cookies Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 cup Guittard Butterscotch chips
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- For cookies, combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl, mix well. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, melt morsels with oil according to package directions. Dip half of one cookie in chocolate, gently shake to remove excess. Dust with festive sprinkles. Place on waxed paper until set. Repeat with remaining cookies. If chocolate thickens, microwave at 15 second intervals until fluid.
Yield:3 dozen cookies
Total time: 1 hour plus drying time
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g