Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Bars
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Bars have a nutty vanilla wafer crust, topped with creamy homemade cheesecake, pecan halves, and caramel sauce!
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Bars
You may all have caught on to my love affair with caramel. Sweets like this Salted Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Dip are my crack! So when Breakstone shared their recipe for Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Bars, I took the bait without blinking. They sent me their newest product, Greek Style Sour Cream which features the “smooth, creamy texture and deliciously rich taste of traditional sour cream blended with authentic Greek strained yogurt.” With 50% less fat, 40% less cholesterol, and twice the calcium and protein of regular sour cream, I had to test it out. And I think from my photos, you can see that these bars were winners.
- This recipe can easily be cut in half and made in an 8 x 8-inch pan. I use non-stick foil to line the pan for easy removal.
- I keep half of my pecans whole since my picky family is not a fan of nuts. The chopped pecans in the crust are disguised, but a nutty topping would scare them off. Feel free to top yours as you wish.
- As with any cheesecake, the eggs and cream cheese should be at room temperature for the smoothest consistency.
- The cheesecake layer is rich, silky, and delectable, not overly sweet, so adding the caramel sauce is the perfect finishing touch without being overkill. I know you’ll love these Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Bars as much as I did!!
You May Also Like:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars from Mom on Timeout
- Coconut Cheesecake Bars Recipe from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars from Shugary Sweets
- Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Bars
- More of the Best Dessert Recipes
- 1 cup Greek Style Sour Cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 50 vanilla wafers, finely crushed (1 2/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 32 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping or homemade caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Chop 1/2 cup nuts finely; mix with wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream, flour, and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool, then refrigerate 4 hours.
- To serve, drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
Total time does not include chilling time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g