These Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies are lip-smackin’ good. So sensational, though, that you’ll have trouble not eating them all yourself!
A Holiday Favorite: Cranberry White Chocolate Crystallized Ginger Cookies
These flavor-packed cookies rank near the top of my best cookies ever list. Besides the outrageously delicious combination of tastes to tickle every taste bud, the bite of these is like no other. There’s a certain snap when your teeth meet the sweet. These are not a crisp cookie, but not a soft chewy cookie either. They’re somewhere balanced perfectly in the middle of the spectrum.
A tantalizing flavor combination
The addition of white chocolate chunks, dried cranberries, pecans and crystallized ginger make these cookies some of the best you’ll ever eat. The cranberries make them super festive and the aroma of ginger in your kitchen while these are baking will put you in the holiday spirit. If you’ve been searching for a new cookie for your Christmas baking, give this one a try. Before you know it, the season will be upon us, so it’s time to stock up on butter, sugar (Imperial, of course!) and flour plus all the extras to make your holidays memorable. For more inspiration, make sure to check out all the delectable cookies from my blogger friends as we celebrate cookie week!
Welcome to the second annual Cookie Week, hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen! We’ve teamed together with 10 other talented bloggers to bring you 5 fantastic days of cookie recipes to get you into the holiday spirits. Now is the time to break out the flour, butter, sugar and eggs. Bring your friends and family together for cookie exchanges or a giant baking party, we have got you covered!
Our sponsors for this event have provided us with some great prizes and we’d like to extend a huge thank you for their generosity. Thanks to Imperial Sugar, Circulon, Peanut Butter & Co. and Page Street Publishing for being a part of Cookie Week!
Make sure to stop by and grab a warm cookie from one of today’s Cookie Week participants!
- Skillet Cookie by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pumpkin Cookie Cups with Biscoff Buttercream by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate-Cherry Chews by Crumb
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Cooking in Stilettos
- Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dark and Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies by Hungry Couple
- Dulce de Leche Filled Brownie Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Muffin Top Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Eggnog Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Other blogs participating later this week include:
Photo circa 2014
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1¾ cup flour
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Mix in salt and baking soda, then flour. Stir in cranberries, pecans, ginger and white chocolate.
- Scoop, then roll tablespoonfuls of dough. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes or till golden. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheet then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.