Get your chocolate fix with this delectable Brownie Pie! Easy and a crowd pleaser!
Twist on Brownies
I am pretty much guaranteed a happy family when I bake up either chocolate chip cookies or brownies. Granted, both have to be nut-free, and if I happen to work in frosting or extra chocolate, the praise is magnified. But sometimes I need to shake things up a bit. How about baking brownies as a pie filling? And topping it with whipped cream? Yes, you guessed it. It drew accolades from the entire family.
Easy as Pie!
If you’re not one who likes to roll out a homemade pastry shell, this brownie filling can easily be poured into a premade crust. In fact, the shorter profile of the store bought version will allow the filling to come right to the rim for a picture perfect presentation. Do not use a deep dish pie pan or purchased deep dish crust or your filling will not come near to filling the well. Buying your crust makes this dessert a breeze to make. Just melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Pour into the pie shell and bake! Top with vanilla ice cream and fudge sauce or sweetened whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Your brownie pie will be a dessert to remember!
- One 9 inch pastry shell (not deep dish), homemade or store-bought
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (1 stick ) butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- pinch of salt
- If using homemade pie crust, fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave using 30-second increments till chocolate is melted, stirring frequently. Mix in sugar and let cool for a couple minutes
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla, then stir in flour and salt until just combined.
- Pour into pie crust and bake 40 minutes or till crust is brown and top of brownies is appears set. Cool to room temperature.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.