A sweet, creamy filling make these luscious Mascarpone Filled Chocolate Covered Strawberries irresistible! My Valentine ate his share before dinner!
I’ve filled gorgeous ripe strawberries with sweetened cream cheese and with mascarpone cheese as well as just dipping them in melted chocolate. But I had a plan to combine BOTH of these sweet treats for this out of this world Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe!
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
The process of making these decadent berries is not complicated! Just get beautiful red, ripe strawberries and the rest is easy.
- Use a small, oblong melon baller, to scoop out the core of each berry leaving the leaves on top.
- Make your filling mixture and place it into a piping bag with a tip with a larger opening or into a Ziploc bag (and cut a corner off to use as a piping bag).
- Place the berries, stem side up, in a mini muffin tin for easy access.
- Next, pipe the mascarpone cheese mixture into the small cavity and fold the green foliage over the opening. But I couldn’t stop there!
- Use candy melts or semisweet chocolate melted with bit of vegetable oil, and using the stem as a handle, dip the berries into the chocolate.
- Set them on a wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet until the chocolate is firm. Then dig in!
Mascarpone Filled Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Even though it appears that I munch on cookies and slabs of decadent layer cakes each day, I’m a pretty healthy eater. I must admit, though, I have a bit of a sweet tooth, and just like Winnie-the-Pooh, I need a little something sweet after dinner.
This Chocolate Covered Strawberries recipe made the perfect nibble. The hubby popped a couple in his mouth before dinner, but I held out and had mine for dessert. We were, obviously, both fans of these sweet gems. I think you and your Valentine will be, too!
- 12 strawberries
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or chocolate melts
- With a small paring knife or a mini-oblong melon baller, core out the middle of each berry at a point near the stem. Leave leaves intact. Set aside.
- To make filling, beat Mascarpone with cream, sugar and vanilla till smooth. Put filling into a piping bag or even a Zip-loc bag with just a corner cut off. Pipe the filling into the the middle of each berry.
- Yield depends on size of berries.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate melts according to package instructions or gently melt semi-sweet chocolate with oil in the microwave.
- Carefully dip berries into the melted chocolate turning so that 2/3 of the berry is coated. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and let stand at room temperature till set.
- Best eaten within a few hours.
Serving Size:1 strawberry
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g