Summer is the perfect time for bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. With juicy garden tomatoes, they can’t be beat. I took a cue from our favorite summer sandwich and created these BLT Burgers. With a double dose of bacon and sriracha mayonnaise, these are a cut above our usual fair. Finely minced or ground bacon is mixed into the ground beef and the usual toppings are piled up high. Nick was my first taste tester, but I had to nix the spiced up mayo for plain mayo for the hubby! Either is just fine.
National Hot Dog Month
Since this is the month to focus on grilling, the Sunday Supper Crew is sharing their favorite hot dog and hamburger recipes. This event is hosted by my friend, Christie, of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. I hope you are inspired to fire up your BBQ and try one of these wonderful dishes!
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
Where’s the Beef Burgers
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
Where’s the Bun Burger
- Gluten Free Dessert Hamburgers by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Serves: 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground chuck
- ¼ cup ground or finely minced bacon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper, a good pinch or to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- 4 bacon slices, cooked
- 4 tomato slices, thick slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Mix together ground chuck, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Form 4 hamburger patties.
- Make mayonnaise by whisking together mayonnaise, Sriracha, and ketchup. Set aside.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness. Toast buns if desired.
- Place burger on bottom half of bun and top with bacon, tomato, lettuce and mayo in whatever order you prefer.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.