My post is doing double duty today…first for my monthly recipe exchange with my sweet friend, Danielle, of Hugs & Cookies XOXO, and second, for a magnificent Valentine’s Celebration and giveaway hosted by Anna, of Crunchy Creamy Sweet. I’ve had Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies on the brain since the holidays. They were featured at our neighborhood cookie exchange. That particular baker apologized as she didn’t use her favorite Guittard Butterscotch Chips, so she felt they were subpar. Well, I beg to disagree…as I don’t even like butterscotch chips and I ate ALL of her cookies. Then, I hunted down the proper chips (thank goodness for Amazon Prime) so I could make my own.
To make them extra festive since Valentine’s Day is approaching, I dipped them in melted semi-sweet chocolate and decorated them with the cutest holiday sprinkles. Besides the torture of waiting till the chocolate hardened so I could shovel one of these babies in my mouth, these cookies were easy as pie to make. The male family members aren’t as fond of butterscotch as Katie and I are, so I brought the bulk of these to Bill’s co-workers. As per usual, they were thrilled with some homemade treats. So if you’re a fan of butterscotch chips, these are darn tasty. If not, just substitute some semi-sweet chocolate chips… the oatmeal cookie base is a winner!
Here are the other yummy recipes featured in today’s Valentine’s Day Celebration (plus scroll down to see how to win your very own KitchenAid stand mixer:
1. Raspberry Coconut Cheesecake Quinoa Bites with Dark Chocolate Glaze from Food Faith Fitness 2. Strawberry Glazed Vanilla Bean Doughnuts from Girl vs. Dough 3. Pink Vanilla Cupcakes from Crunchy Creamy Sweet 4. Valentine's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from Cooking for Keeps 5. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tarts from Chelsea's Messy Apron 6. Cream Cheese Funfetti Cookies from The Messy Baker 7. Cinnamon French Toast Lattes from A Kitchen Addiction 8. Dreamy Chocolate Cupcakes from Baker by Nature 9. Dark Chocolate Pancakes from Eat. Drink. Love. 10. Red Wine Creme Brulee from Diethood 11. Big Dipper Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake! 12. Peppermint Bark Brownies from Jen's Favorite Cookies 13. Berry Cheesecake Bars (skinny, no-bake) from Roxana's Easy Home Baking
And I have an amazing Valentine’s Day giveaway today! One winner will receive a Artisan Series 5qt KitchenAid mixer in red!! Good luck!! There is a mandatory question to answer in my comments, then some bonus entries to increase your chances to win. I hope one of my readers will win this spankin’ new mixer for their kitchen.
Disclosure: Giveaway opened to U.S. residents only. No P.O. boxes please. Must be 18 or older to enter. Winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond. Giveaway sponsored by the group of bloggers featured.
- Adapted from Hugs and Cookies XOXO
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 cup Guittard Butterscotch chips
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- For cookies, combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl, mix well. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, melt morsels with oil according to package directions. Dip half of one cookie in chocolate, gently shake to remove excess. Dust with festive sprinkles. Place on waxed paper until set. Repeat with remaining cookies. If chocolate thickens, microwave at 15 second intervals until fluid.
You can find all our recipes with a search using the #TwoSweetiePies hashtag. And be sure to follow Danielle on her social media sites and blog: