I’m not sure why it took me so long to make this incredible confection. Maybe it was because I knew the hubby wouldn’t touch it, and I, on the other hand, would have trouble keeping my distance. This chocolate peanut butter fudge surpassed my expectations…and was totally irresistible.
Welcome to Day #3 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to see all the wonderful Christmas goodies plus the giveaway details.
This recipe is basically my tried and true fudge with a twist. I made a half batch of the traditional version with marshmallow creme and chocolate chips, then topped that with a batch using a half cup peanut butter instead of chocolate. I always use a candy thermometer to ensure that the sugar melts properly, although using marshmallow creme does prevent sugar from recrystallizing. If you’re successful making your fudge without a thermometer, just make sure your candy is at a rolling boil for 4 full minutes and you should be fine.
Tom, Katie and I all nibbled away at this two toned treat…and I sent a bunch home with Tom for his roommates to inhale, instead of me. This peanut butter fudge may have to replace the peanut blossoms I make each year for the holidays…it’s amazing!
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 12 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme, divided
- Line 9x9 pan with non-stick foil. Set aside.Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, 6 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly till temperature reaches 234º.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, the chocolate chips and half the marshmallow creme (just less than 1/2 cup). Mix till chips are melted.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth with off-set spatula.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, adding peanut butter, vanilla and marshmallow cream when mixture reaches 234º.
- Pour peanut butter fudge over chocolate fudge and smooth top.
- Cool to room temperature, then cut into squares to serve.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Ginger Bears by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Santa’s Favorite Holiday Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gingerbread Linzer Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by See Aimee Cook
- Bourbon Barrels by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Toasted Almond Shortbread by The Messy Baker
- Midori Melon Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti by Noshing With The Nolands
- Wine Poached Pear and Almond Rugelach by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Bebinca – Layered Goan Cake by Masala Herb
- Artichoke Dip Tarts by Food Lust People Love
- Layered Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Brittle by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Chocolate Dipped Baked Potato Chips by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Collapsidies by Try Anything Once Culinary
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Freund Container & Supply. Freund Container & Supply has been helping build businesses since 1938 as the largest distributor of glass bottles, containers, and wholesale packaging supplies online. Freund offers over 5,000 items in stock every day, 98% same day shipping, and low-price guarantees. Take a look at Freund’s wide selection of jars, tins, bottles and vials for all your crafting and food related needs! To enter to win one of FIVE different Freund gift certificates, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for five (individually awarded) $100 gift certificates to Freund Container & Supply. Gift certificate is a one-time use certificate and must be used in its entirety; any leftover monies on the gift certificate will be forfeited. This giveaway is open to both US and Canadian residents. However, it should be noted that due to current International shipping rates, any Canadian winners will pay higher shipping costs for orders. ***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Freund Container & Supply. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***