Today marks the one year anniversary of Sunday Suppers! I joined this group at the end of February 2012, so I’ve been with this gang of dedicated bloggers, who share the mission of bringing back the family dinner, for almost 11 months. To honor our fellow bloggers, we are each making a dish that was featured by another member on an earlier Sunday Supper post . Renee, of Magnolia Days, was one of our seven original members…and she’s always on top of it all: helping, sharing our posts and cooking up delicious foods within our themes. And besides being an excellent cook, she’s an extremely gifted photographer…her gorgeous, vibrant floral shots are magazine worthy. I knew I’d select a dessert (duh), most likely chocolate (yeah, baby), and one that my family wouldn’t complain about (my delicious liver pate did not seem to wow them). I briefly checked a couple of my favorite participants’ blogs before heading over to Magnolia Days. As soon as I saw Ina’s Brownie Tart, I knew my search was over. I have about a bazillion brownie recipes on my blog, but I had yet to make this simple brownie tart.
It’s as easy as pie, err, tart…chocolate chips were melted with butter and added to the other brownie ingredients. I skipped the nuts, and accidentally skipped the addition of another cup of chocolate chips that were to be included in the batter before baking….but do not fear, these were still wonderful. A quick chocolate sauce of more chips, cream and vanilla can be served over a scoop of vanilla ice cream right on top of a nice wedge of this decadent tart. I took this tart, some vanilla ice cream and the chocolate sauce to some friends who invited us to dinner. We had a wonderful dinner and they were all crazy for this dessert. In fact, the hostess went back for seconds! This is a must try recipe for all you chocoholics!
Thanks, Renee, for being such an important part of the Sunday Supper team…and for inspiring me week after week. Scroll down to see all the incredible dishes shared by the Sunday Supper crew today!
- 6 tablespoons butter, sliced into tablespoons
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- For the tart:
- In microwave, melt the chocolate chips and butter, stopping and stirring at 30 second increments till melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease and flour 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom (I used Baker's Joy spray). Set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar, coffee and vanilla with a mixer about 3 minutes, till lighter in color and well blended. Add cooled chocolate and mix till combined. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir till just combined. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, till center is puffed. The top will crack. Cool completely then remove from pan to serving plate. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or ice cream, and chocolate sauce.
- To make chocolate sauce, melt cream and chocolate chips together in microwave, stopping and stirring at 30 second increments till melted and smooth. Add vanilla. Let cool at room temperature till thickens slightly.
We are celebrating this week’s special event by choosing recipes from contributors that have inspired us in the past year. Boy was this a tough week… how do you choose just one recipe from 52 weeks of fabulous Sunday Supper Recipes?
Sunday Supper Appetizers:
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks inspired by Comfy Cuisine
- So Simple Pizza Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
- Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pull Apart by Noshing With The Nolands inspired by In the Kitchen with KP
Sunday Supper Soups and Breads:
- Lasagna Soup by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup by Webicurean inspired by Family Foodie
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup by Damn Delicious inspired by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Chicken Noodle Soup by Big Bears Wife inspired by My Catholic Kitchen
- Chicken Soup with Dumplings by Comfy Cuisine inspired by The Messy Baker
- Coconut Curry Chicken Soup by My Trials in the Kitchen inspired by Damn Delicious
Sunday Supper Main Dishes:
- Portuguese Mussels and Shrimp in Chorizo Sauce by Supper for a Steal inspired by Family Foodie
- Feijoada Portuguese Bean Stew by Kimchi Mom inspired by Family Foodie
- Lentils and Chorizo Stew by Galactosemia in PDX inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Carnitas Pizza w/ Chipotle-Avocado Crema by girlichef inspired by Damn Delicious
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas by Country Girl in the Village inspired by Webicurean
- Goat Cheese Rigatoni Alfredo by Magnolia Days inspired by Family Foodie
- Dorie’s Chicken-in-the-Pot by Hip Foodie Mom inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Pulled Pickled Pork by Juanita’s Cocina inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Hoisin Asian Meatballs by Gotta Get Baked inspired by Damn Delicious
- Shrimp-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes by Daily Dish Recipes inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade by Peanut Butter and Peppers inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Burger with Curried Cabbage Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings inspired by Soni’s Food
- Corn and Basil Handpies by Curious Cuisiniere inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili by Food Lust People Love inspired by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bigos by Maroc Mama inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Sweet & Tender Brisket by Daddy Knows Less inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Fish Tacos by Cookistry inspired by Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Family Foodie inspired by Kimchi Mom
- New Orleans Style White Beans & Rice by Catholic Foodie inspired by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
Sunday Supper Veggies:
- Carrots au Gratin by Shockingly Delicious inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame, Cilantro & Bacon Bits by The Lovely Pantry inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Sunday Supper Desserts and Snacks:
- Chocolate Brownie Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake inspired by Magnolia Days
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cinnamon Apple Chimichangas by La Cocina de Leslie inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Apple Pull Apart Bread with Caramel Drizzle by Cravings of a Lunatic inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Cherry Tart by Happy Baking Days inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Orange Rolls by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rosettes by Simply Gourmet inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Donut Puffs by Soni’s Food inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cut-out Cookies by Basic and Delicious inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Nutella Shortbread Bars by Kelly Bakes inspired by Baker Street
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen inspired by Dinner Dishes and Desserts
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream by The Messy Baker Blog inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Angel Cake Sandwiches by Ninja Baker inspired by That Skinny Girl Can Bake
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by Vintage Kitchen inspired by girlichef
- Cheesecake with Fresh Berries by An Appealing Plan inspired by The Messy Baker Blog
- Spiced Pumpkin Ricotta Oat Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Budget Friendly Breakfast Freezable Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches by In The Kitchen with KP inspired by Big Bear’s Wife
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen inspired by Momma’s Meals
Sunday Supper Wine Pairings by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
The Clever Chick’s Blog Hop~