Muenster and Spinach Pinwheels….#SundaySupper, #HolidayDrinksandAppetizers
This post was written and scheduled well before the tragic shooting of innocent children and faculty in Connecticut on Friday. I will be removing Monday’s post for a day of remembrance, but some of the Sunday Supper participants are extending the silence and pulling their posts today. Our chat has also been cancelled. With a heavy heart, I am keeping all affected in my thoughts and prayers…
Oh, boy, were these cheesy spirals ever tasty! Even the two cold leftovers in the fridge the day after I served them to my book club tasted wonderful. This is an uncomplicated recipe which yields an impressive, gourmet appetizer. Just use a good quality puff pastry and you’ll receive high praise with minimal effort. You can shake up the cheese, add a layer of prosciutto…the options are endless. If you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve party this year, you may want to whip these up. And if you’re not, just make sure to try these…they won’t disappoint.
The Sunday Supper Team is having a Holiday Cocktails and Appetizers party and we would love to have you join us this week! We have an amazing assortment of recipes to put together a fabulous holiday party on any budget. We are honored to have Conni from The Foodie Army Wife hosting our Party.
Holiday Appetizers or Hors d’oeuvres
In honor of the Sandy Hook victims and their families, we have cancelled our regularly scheduled#SundaySupper Chat this week.
Let this be a time when we renew our faith in the power of love and realize the importance of time with our families.
Muenster and Spinach Pinwheels…#SundaySupper, #HolidayDrinksandAppetizers
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup shredded Muenster
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 sheet puffed pastry (I used Dufour brand), thawed
- 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed very, very dry
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Beat egg and water together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Stir Muenster, Parmesan and garlic powder together. Set aside.
- Lightly flour work surface. Unfold thawed puff pastry and roll lightly with a floured rolling pin. Brush surface with beaten egg. Top with cheese mixture, then evenly top with thawed spinach.
- Starting at the short end, roll up like a jelly roll. Slice at 1/2 inch intervals and place rounds on baking sheets. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake 15 minutes or till golden brown. Remove to wire racks and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes approximately 20.