White Chocolate Berry Parfaits can be made with any seasonal berries for a simple, luscious summer, no-bake dessert recipe.
But ruby red strawberries and sweet juicy blueberries make a perfect for patriotic dessert for Independence Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day.
White Chocolate Berry Parfaits
It was pre-Memorial Day, and I was invited for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at the exquisite home of a dear friend. We have volunteered together for years and years and it was the perfect time to reconnect. We formed indelible bonds over hours of meetings and shifts at our yearly decorators’ show house. I brought these berry parfaits and squares of a superb white sheet cake to share.
Perfect Patriotic Dessert!
I didn’t get this lovely patriotic dessert shared in time for Memorial Day, but it’s perfect for Independence Day as well as Labor Day with the layers of white mousse, blue blueberries, and red strawberries. The white chocolate mousse is also spiked with Frangelico for a subtle nuance of hazelnut. Each of my glasses held 2 ounces or 4 tablespoons, which is just perfect to satisfy one’s sweet tooth. Though I wouldn’t blame you if you went back for seconds of these no-bake White Chocolate Berry Parfaits!
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Frangelico liqueur, optional
- Blueberries, Raspberries or Strawberries (slice the strawberries to fit into the glasses)
- Gently melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Set aside to cool (should be thickened, but not firm).
- Whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold in the white chocolate and refrigerate at least an hour.
- In small glasses (I used larger shot-type glasses for small parfaits), alternate layers of red berries, white chocolate cream, and blueberries, ending with cream.
- Garnish with berries to serve.
Best made on day served so that the sliced berries don't exude too much juice.
A tray of White Chocolate Berry Parfaits. Please help yourself!