Salted Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These delicious Salted Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies will make you swoon if you’re a fan of sweet and salty treats. Thick, chewy chocolate studded cookies were given a boost of crunch from chunks of Heath bars and a sparkly sea salt garnish.
Why You’ll Love:
- If you’re a fan of toffee, these are chockful of chopped Heath Bars.
- Plus, if sweet-salty treats (yes, please to chocolate dipped potato chips!), you’ll go crazy for these.
- As with most cookies, they’re super simple to make!
- It’s easy to buy Heath Bars and chop them yourself. There’s less waste than buying a bag of toffee bits.
- Have your eggs and butter at room temperature for easy incorporation.
- PRO-Tip: Chill the cookie dough before baking. This will minimize spreading.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to dish out the dough. This will help all the cookies bake evenly.
- Use flaky sea salt to garnish. Table salt or kosher salt won’t give the same results.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar if you don’t want the sweet-salty combo.
- PRO-Tip: To ensure nice, round, bakery-worthy cookies, carefully tap the edges of the cookies to shape when they come out of the oven.
These Salted Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies were the perfect treat after a couple of weeks away from the kitchen. I made a few sans salt for some to be nameless family members and sent a dozen toffee-free cookies along with Bill as he heads to Iowa to see his mom. All these palates to please. But the toffee studded, sea salt garnished gems were my personal favorites. My girlfriends also gave them rave reviews. I needed a fast and fabulous recipe and these fit the bill divinely.
We arrived home from sunny New Zealand to sub-zero temps and a cold house. Yes, our furnace had picked an inopportune time to take a nap. So what’s a chilled girl to do? Turn on the oven and bake. These Salted Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies were easy to make (I love the twist on one of my favorite cookie doughs from Jacque Torres with cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, and baking powder), chewy, and packed full of delectable add-ins, plus they warmed my kitchen a wee bit as well.
The ideal trifecta: simple, delicious, and warming to the body and soul. I couldn’t have dreamed up a better cookie myself! Thanks, Susan, for the splendid recipe! This cookie recipe came out delicious!
- (Affiliate Links) Classic Stand Mixer
- Medium Cookie Scoop
Salted Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chocolate Chunk Cookies with toffee chunks and a sprinkle of flaked sea salt.
- 2 ½ sticks (1 1/4 cups) butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar (or use light brown sugar and add 1 1/2 tablespoons mild molasses)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 ½ cups bread flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks (I used Ghirardelli bars and chopped them)
- 1 ½ cups chopped Heath bars (or caramel bits if you can find them)
- Flaked sea salt
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fit with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just till blended.
- Stir in the toffee and chocolate chunks.
- Chill dough for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons), place mounds of dough about 2 inches apart.
- Top each one with a pinch of the flaked salt.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Store in a covered, airtight container.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Use sanding sugar instead of sea salt if you aren't a fan of sweet and salty desserts.
Recipe very slightly adapted from Authentic Suburban Gourmet.
Serving Size:1 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g
38 Comments on “Salted Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies”
I need my cookie jar filled with these!
These cookies are irresistible!
The toffee with the salt is out of this world!
My whole family loved it! SO good!
My kids devoured a whole batch in minutes! They really loved it!
Delicious Cookies. I love the toffee chocolate combo! One of my favorites!
I adore sweet and salty desserts and these cookies look fabulous! Wish I had a few right now! 🙂
So delicious looking, Liz. What a great excuse to get back in the kitchen.
I’m not a big sweet eater but salted toffee is a particular weakness of mine. Fabulous cookies, Liz, especially with that sparkling flaky salt!
These would warm up any kitchen, but especially my tummy. They sound great. I n fact there were a lot of recipes in that group that did. Clue sounds fun!
Sweet and salty is the best especially in cookie form! These look scrumptious and the perfect way to warm up!
Hey Liz, these look fantastic!! Really!!! So I especially love the toffee and sea salt touches, but chocolate chip cookies with sea salt are a personal obsession!! 🙂
Liz – those look amazing. I’ve never seen the caramel bits here in Indy either. Probably another mail order thing… Glad they helped you warm the kitchen!
I love them just as they are, no substitutions or removals. Nothing better than a delightful cookie and a cup of tea to warm you up.
These cookies look AMAZING! I want a big batch WITH the sparkly salt, please.
I’m going through a cookie phase and these are the particular kind that I’m having a phase with! toffeeeee and salt and chocolate chips yum yummmm!
These cookies look dangerous Liz! They look and sound addictive!
I know what you mean about enjoying some homemade baked treats after being away for a couple of weeks. I really enjoyed your travel pics on FB. These cookies are beautiful, Liz. Love everything about them. 🙂