Gingered cranberry oatmeal cookies are festive holiday cookie made from an easy oatmeal cookie recipe. It’s that time of year!
Cookie exchange invitations are going out and you’re scrambling for a new recipe that will dazzle your friends. I baked up these festive oatmeal cookies for a blogger cookie swap this year!
Gingered Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Chewy ginger cookies are always a part of my holiday baking repertoire, and my love of ginger inspired me to gingerize these oatmeal cookies. With a dose of ground ginger along with some crystallized ginger, they have a nice punch of spice.
Ginger, cinnamon and dried cranberries transformed ordinary oatmeal cookies into seasonal gems! The white chocolate chips were just a bonus. These are the cookies I sent to the 3 bloggers I was assigned for the Food Blogger Love Cookie Exchange.
A couple of things you’ll need to make this oatmeal cookies recipe:Print
Gingered Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Chewy oatmeal cookies with the tastes of the holidays: dried cranberries, cinnamon and ginger and white chocolate chips for a bonus! Adapted from Fine Cooking
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Mix in in the oats. In another bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then scrape down the sides of the bowl; add the honey and vanilla and beat until blended. Add the flour mixture in two additions, beating until well combined. Stir in the cranberries, white chocolate chips and crystallized ginger.
- Drop the dough by the heaping tablespoonful about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake until the centers of the cookies are soft and no longer look wet, 9 to 11 minutes. Once out of the oven, I use my spatula to tap the cookies into nice circles (only if you care about that sort of thing!). Let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Calories: 1468kcal
- Sugar: 129g
- Sodium: 710mg
- Fat: 66g
- Saturated Fat: 39g
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 208g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 223mg
Soft Butterscotch Pudding Cookies — Sugar Plum Fairy Holiday Cookies — Homemade Ginger O’s
The Holiday Cookies!
I received three deliveries of terrific holiday cookies the week before Thanksgiving! First up were the Soft Butterscotch Pudding Cookies from my friend Sarah at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. We have crossed paths in the Sunday Supper group so it was lovely to receive these delicious cookies from Sarah. Colleen of Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck sent a box of yummy jam filled thumbprint cookies, appropriately named Sugar Plum Fairy Holiday Cookies.
Finally, I received these tasty Homemade Ginger O’s from a blog I’ve been visiting for years, The Emotional Baker. My daughter was especially excited when she took a whiff of Megan’s treats. We truly enjoyed them ALL! These recipes will be shared on each website today. In fact, there will be loads of new cookie recipes to find using the hashtag #FBLCookieExchange. Dozens of cookies have been mailed across the states over the past few weeks. Thanks to the gals at the PinterTestKitchen for organizing this massive event!!
P.S. My cookies were sent to Colleen and Megan, who I mentioned above, as well as Renee of If Spoons Could Talk.
Update: The giveaway has ended and the entry form has been removed from this post.
Along with some of my blogger friends, I’m hosting an OXO giveaway! One winner will receive a Cookie Press, Non-stick Baking Sheet and a Decorating Tool! You’ll love the quality of OXO products. Open to those with a US mailing address, 18 and older, please.
I will be hosting a giveaway on each of the first twelve days of December. Check out my blog, Instagram page, and Facebook page to find the daily giveaway (it will be rotated through each of these sites)!