This dreamy Easy Puffed Potatoes Casserole is a dish worthy of company but simple enough for weeknights!
Easy Puffed Potatoes Casserole
When our children were younger, one of my dear friends and I got together with our stacks of recipe cards and exchanged favorites. This puffed potato casserole made frequent appearances on her holiday table, but is simple enough for any meal.
I always have these ingredients on hand; so when I decided to make a beef stew on this snowy Saturday, these yummy potatoes were the perfect accompaniment. As a bonus, no peeling or mashing is necessary!
Tips for This Puffed Potato Casserole:
- I use Potato Buds for this recipe, but follow the instructions in this recipe, not on the box.
- The picky hubby likes more rustic, traditional mashed potatoes, but when I don’t have gravy, these are a delicious alternative.
- I used my large OXO Offset Spatula to make a repetitive pattern across the top of the casserole before baking. This is totally optional, but nice for a special occasion.
- I like a sprinkle of paprika to give the dish a little color. I was a little overzealous this time! I love this OXO Dusting Wand for sprinkling powdered sugar, spices, etc.
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes from Crunchy, Creamy, Sweet
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes from Well Plated
- Oven Roasted Herb and Garlic Parmesan Potatoes from Mom on Timeout
- Roasted Red Potatoes from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Grilled Potato Packets
- Side Dish Recipes
An easy potato casserole worthy of serving to company!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: Baking, Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 2 2/3 cups Potato Buds
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon instant onion (I used 1 teaspoon Penzey’s Minced White Onion)
- Paprika to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Prepare potato buds following the recipe on the box, using the above ingredient amounts, but only 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Turn burner off and add the softened cream cheese, egg, instant onion and the rest of the salt.
- Put potatoes into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan or use a smaller pan for thicker potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika if desired and bake 45 minutes.
Adapted from my friend, Sarah.