This dreamy Easy Puffed Potatoes Casserole is a dish worthy of company but simple enough for weeknights! Plus you don’t have to peel even one potato!
Starting with a box of instant potatoes makes this Potato Bake a breeze to whip up and very easy to make disappear.
Easy Puffed Potatoes Casserole
When our children were younger, one of my dear friends and I got together with our stacks of recipe cards and exchanged favorites. This puffed potato casserole made frequent appearances on her holiday table, but is simple enough for any meal.
I always have these ingredients on hand; so when I decided to make a beef stew on this snowy Saturday, these yummy potatoes were the perfect accompaniment. As a bonus, no peeling or mashing is necessary!
Tips for This Puffed Potato Bake:
- I use Potato Buds for this recipe, but follow the instructions in this recipe, not on the box.
- The picky hubby likes more rustic, traditional mashed potatoes, but when I don’t have gravy, these are a delicious alternative.
- I used my large OXO Offset Spatula< to make a repetitive pattern across the top of the casserole before baking. This is totally optional but nice for a special occasion.
- I like a sprinkle of paprika to give the dish a little color. I was a little overzealous this time! I love this OXO Dusting Wand for sprinkling powdered sugar, spices, etc.
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes from Crunchy, Creamy, Sweet
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes from Well Plated
- Oven Roasted Herb and Garlic Parmesan Potatoes from Mom on Timeout
- Roasted Red Potatoes from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Grilled Potato Packets
- Side Dish Recipes
- 2 2/3 cups Instant Potatoes, I use Potato Buds
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon instant onion (I used 1 teaspoon Penzey's Minced White Onion)
- Paprika to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Prepare potato buds following the recipe on the box, using the above ingredient amounts, but only 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Turn burner off and add the softened cream cheese, egg, instant onion and the rest of the salt.
- Put potatoes into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan or use a smaller pan for thicker potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika if desired and bake 45 minutes.
Adapted from my friend, Sarah.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 495mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.