Cookies and Cream Cookies
We have a new coordinator for my Secret Recipe Club group, and I was lucky enough to get her, our fearless leader, Debbi Does Dinner, for my blog assignment. Debbi’s original blog focus was on healthy recipes, but (whew) she also does post some mighty impressive desserts. As I was looking through some of the options, I happened to ask my hubby if he’d like me to bake a chocolate chip cookie that had cocoa and Oreo crumbs added to them. Well, without even a pause, the answer was affirmative. My hunt ended then and there. I was baking up some Cookies and Cream Cookies.
Chocolate for the Win
The verdict? These were winners! The dough was rich and delicious. Both Nick and Bill got their chocolate fix and were happy campers. Thanks so much, Debbi!
Tip of the Day: Some cookies taste best on the day they are made. To maintain quality, place those you won’t be eating in the first 24 hours into a freezer grade zip-lock bag, remove as much air as possible and freeze. Remove what you’d like to eat each day and bring to room temperature in a sealed container. My kids love to warm them up with a short zap in the microwave.
- Cookies and Cream Cookies...recipe courtesy of Debbi Does Dinner
- 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 15 whole Oreos, ground in a food processor
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugars till well combined, then add eggs and vanilla and mix till incorporated. Mix in flour, soda, salt, and cocoa. When well combined, mix in cocoa powder, then Oreo crumbs. Finally mix in chocolate chips.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place onto prepared baking sheets. Bake about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on sheets then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.