As the second polar vortex settled over the states, it was darn cold outside…and a bit drafty inside! The wind was howling and the snow was dancing through the air…a perfect time to turn on the oven and bake up some Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins.
The enticing aroma brought Bill into the kitchen…and he immediately asked for a sample. He gave these his hearty endorsement, and asked if they were fair game for breakfast….which they were. The buttermilk adds a lovely tenderness and the plump raspberries brought a touch of tartness which was balanced by the sweet white chocolate. I prefer using discs (mine were Guittard) or chunks over chips for a bigger dose of white chocolate in each bite.
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup white chocolate disks (or chunks)
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries
- Line muffin tins with 14 cupcake paper liners and set aside. Preheat oven to 425º.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or rubber spatula till just combined. Carefully fold in white chocolate and raspberries.
- Scoop out batter to almost fill each muffin cup. Then bake for 5 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 375º and bake for another 13-15 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for a 5-10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to continue cooling.
The #TwelveLoaves theme for this month is chocolate!!! We were good all January with our Keep it Simple theme, now it’s time to get a little decadent. February #TwelveLoaves is all about Chocolate! Choose a recipe featuring chocolate. (It could be a bread accented with chocolate chips, baked with cocoa powder, chocolate spreads, whatever you love!). Whatever you bake (yeasted, quick bread, crackers, muffins, grissini, braids, flatbreads, etc) have fun and let’s have a delicious month of bread with chocolate. Let’s get baking!
If you’d like to add your bread to the collection with the Linky Tool this month, here’s what you need to do!
1. When you post your Twelve Loaves bread on your blog, make sure that you mention the Twelve Loaves challenge in your blog post; this helps us to get more members as well as share everyone’s posts. Please make sure that your bread is inspired by the theme!
2. Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of my blog. It must be a bread baked to the Twelve Loaves theme.
3. Have your Twelve Loaves bread that you baked this February, 2014, and posted on your blog by February 28, 2014.
Check out all the marvelous chocolate treats made by the TwelveLoaves hostesses…they all sound amazing:
- Buttermilk Chocolate Quick Bread by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Brownie Quick Bread by Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Chocolate Chip Challah Bread by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls by Dionne at Try Anything Once Culinary
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Braid by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Swirl Bread by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Dark Chocolate and Prune Bread by Deepti at Bakingyummies
- Dates and Chocolate Brioche by Rossella at Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Love Me, Love Me Knots by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Marbled Rye Bread by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins by Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake