All the amazing tastes of a classic peach crisp served in canning jars for a fun presentation!
Peach Crisp in Jars
This week the Sunday Supper gang is sharing recipes inspired by the Desserts In Jars cookbook by Shaina Olmanson. I’ve only made a few desserts using this method…and I was delighted for an excuse to try out some cute Weck jars I purchased this past winter. Peach crisp is one of my go-to summer desserts…and making individual servings in glass containers turns this homey dish into a company worthy grand finale. In fact, Bill was out to eat with a couple of his buddies…when he sheepishly called asking if he could bring the fellows by for dessert. I had just unpacked some new dishes…and boxes and papers were strewn across the kitchen floors. Great timing. But I quickly tidied up and greeted the sugar starved guests with these Peach Crisp in Jars….who licked their plates, er…jars…clean.
More Fabulous Desserts in Jars:
And I’m ecstatic to offer you a chance to win a copy of Desserts in Jars: 50 Sweet Treats That Shine of your very own. Just follow the Rafflecoptor prompts below to enter. And check out all the marvelous sweet indulgences inspired by this charming cookbook from my Sunday Supper friends.
PLUS if you join us during the #SundaySupper Chat and you could win a ticket to the Food and Wine Conference in Orlando and a 2 night stay during the conference at the beautiful Rosen Shingle Creek. Everyone who joins the chat will be entered to win. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Sunday Supper Desserts In Jars:
- Summer Fruit Fool in Jars by Shockingly Delicious
- Banana Split Cakes in a Jar by Daily Dish Recipes
- Baked Cheesecake In A Jar by Chocolate Moosey
- Key Lime Pies in a Jar by Home Cooking Memories
- Fudgy Brownie Mix by What Smells So Good?
- 5 Minute Coffee Cake in a Jar by Juanita’s Cocina
- Strawberry Mess by Jane’s Adventure’s in Dinner
- Mini Blueberry Cream Cheese Pies by Magnolia Days
- Peach Crisp in Jars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Salted Caramel Frozen Yogurt by Healthy.Delicious
- Boston Cream Pie Trifle by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Egg Cream in A Jar by Growing Up Gabel
- Cinnamon Espresso Bread Pudding in a Jar by Country Girl in the Village
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake in a Jar by Runner’s Tales
- Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Caramel Panna Cotta in a Jar by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Layered Melon Granitas in Jars by Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Velvet Wedding Cake In A Jar by Foxes Love Lemons
- Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Mascarpone in a Jar by Gotta Get Baked
- Nutella Panna Cotta in a Jar by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in a Jar by Big Bears Wife
- Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding by The Urban Mrs
- Cinnamon Caramel Affogatos by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Ice Cream by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Midori Melon Flower Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Triple Berry Crisp in a Jar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Guilt-Free Blueberry Cream Cheese Gingerbread in a Jar by Eat, Move, Shine
- Gluten Free Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread in a Jar by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Roasted Strawberry Coconut Cream Parfaits With Toasted Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Banana Ice Box Trifle In A Jar by In the Kitchen with KP
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 cups peeled sliced peaches
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Few grates of fresh nutmeg, optional
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix sliced peaches, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, if using. Spoon into jars reserving a little space on top for the crumb topping.
- Make topping by mixing flour, sugar, and butter into crumbs. Divide crumbs between the jars. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or till tops are browned and filling is bubbly.
- Cool and serve with a side of ice cream.