Peach Crisp in Jars
This Peach Crisp in Jars provides all the amazing tastes of a classic peach crisp served in canning jars for a fun presentation!
Peach Crisp in Jars
This week the Sunday Supper gang is sharing recipes inspired by the Desserts In Jars cookbook by Shaina Olmanson. I’ve only made a few desserts using this method…and I was delighted for an excuse to try out some cute Weck jars I purchased this past winter. Peach crisp is one of my go-to summer desserts…and making individual servings in glass containers turns this homey dish into a company worthy grand finale.
In fact, Bill was out to eat with a couple of his buddies…when he sheepishly called asking if he could bring the fellows by for dessert. I had just unpacked some new dishes…and boxes and papers were strewn across the kitchen floors. Great timing. But I quickly tidied up and greeted the sugar starved guests with these Peach Crisp in Jars….who licked their plates, er…jars…clean.
More Fabulous Recipes in Jars:
- Baked Cheesecake In A Jar by Chocolate Moosey
- Key Lime Pies in a Jar by Home Cooking Memories
- 7 Layer Salads in Jars
- S’mores Brownies in Jars
- More Dessert Recipes
- 3 cups sliced peaches (remove peel before slicing)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Few grates of fresh nutmeg, optional
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix sliced peaches, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, if using. Spoon into jars reserving a little space on top for the crumb topping.
- Make topping by mixing flour, sugar, and butter into crumbs. Divide crumbs between the jars. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or till tops are browned and filling is bubbly.
- Cool and serve with a side of ice cream.
Serving Size:1 jar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 2g