Zucchini Noodles with Parmesan or “Zoodles”
I have to admit I purchased a spiralizer over a year ago. It still sits unopened in my pantry gathering dust. When OXO offered to send me their Hand-Held Spiralizer, I jumped at the chance.
A compact version that I could store in a drawer seemed like it would get much more action (it couldn’t get any less!!!). Zoodles, a relatively new term combining the words zucchini and noodles, have hit the foodie world by storm. Cutting zucchini into noodles is a healthy, low-carb alternative to pasta and folks have been topping them with myriad sauces and utilizing them in salads and more.
How to Make Zucchini Noodles or Zoodles
These Zoodles were a snap to make! I also spiralized some yellow summer squash for an even more colorful dish. Cut the ends off the squash, insert the cut end into the coring blade, then twist to start the process. In no time at all, you’ll have bowlful of spiralized zucchini and summer squash ready to saute.
Next pat the veggies dry, which will help them saute not steam, cut some of the longer strands into more manageable lengths and fire up a non-stick frying pan. Within minutes this side dish is ready to roll. Here is a bit more info plus a few tips, courtesy of OXO:
- Creates uniform, curly noodles from zucchinis, cucumbers, and other long vegetables
- Open blade design also accommodates round vegetables like regular or sweet potatoes
- Food holder keeps hands safe and acts as a cap for safe storage
- Handle on food holder is easy to hold and turn down to the end of vegetables
- Non-slip grip for comfortable spiralizing
- Great for making curly fries, frittatas, desserts and more
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Perfect for low-carb, diabetic or gluten-free diets
- Creates fun garnishes for salads or meal toppings
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 204mg Carbohydrates: 30g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g