Tender and delicious Zucchini Fritters adapted from Everyday Food
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- 1 pound (about 2 medium) zucchini, coarsely grated
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- Olive oil
- Sour cream or yogurt
- Sprinkle the grated zucchini with about 1 teaspoon of salt. Let rest 10 minutes or so to allow the salt to draw out moisture from the zucchini. Squeeze zucchini using a ricer or by hand.
- Whisk egg in medium bowl. Add zucchini, scallions, flour, and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. Scoop mounds of batter (about 2 tablespoons each) into pan, pressing down lightly to flatten with spatula. Saute about 4-6 minutes on each side, till golden brown.Remove to paper towel covered plate to drain excess oil.
- Salt and serve while hot, garnishing with sour cream or yogurt if desired.