Fabulous chocolate cookies flavored with malt powder and cocoa and studded with malted milk balls!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 cup malted milk powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick plus 3 tablespoons (11 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 cups whoppers candies, coarsely chopped (plus more to garnish)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, malted milk powder, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until very smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla. The mixture may appear curdled.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, add half the dry ingredients, mixing until they just disappear into the batter.
- Mix in the milk, then the remaining dry ingredients, mixing only until they are incorporated.
- Fold in the malted milk balls and chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, one rounded tablespoon per cookie, leaving about 2 inches between each.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Press a few whole whoppers into hot cookies to garnish, if desired. Let cool.
I use a spatula to reshape the cookies into rounds once they come out of the oven.