White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
A luxurious cheesecake with white chocolate and a gorgeous raspberry swirl topping! Adapted from Bake and Freeze Chocolate Desserts.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
White Chocolate Cheesecake:
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Fresh raspberries to garnish, optional
- Mix together crust ingredients and pat into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap the pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil and place it in a large baking pan (I use my roaster). Set aside.
- To make the raspberry sauce, purée the raspberries in a food processor. Press the raspberries through a strainer to remove the seeds. Add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and the lemon juice to the strained puree. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Gently melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl by starting and stopping the microwave at 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Put the cream cheese in a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and mix until smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in the flour. Add the eggs,one at a time, mixing smooth after each addition, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla and whipping cream. Stir in the melted white chocolate. Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of raspberry sauce over surface of cheesecake, leaving space between each dollop. Avoid getting any too close to the edge of the pan. You may not need to use all your sauce (I used about ½ cup).Dip the spoon about ½ inch into the batter and swirl some of the sauce into the batter making a marbleized pattern. Do not over swirl.
- Put the cheesecake in the oven and pour hot water into the large baking pan to reach 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan. Bake about 1 hour or until the top appears set.
- Cool the cheesecake in the water bath for 1 hour. Remove the pan and cool on the countertop for another hour. Chill at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Set out on the counter for an hour before serving. Garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.