White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake
A creamy, decadent cheesecake flavored with white chocolate and Frangelico liqueur
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- One 9-ounce package chocolate wafers (I use Nabisco Famous Wafers), processed into fine crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 pounds (three 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter and pat into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes, then set on rack to cool while making filling. Decrease oven temperature to 325º.
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on low for a minute, scrape down sides of bowl, then slowly add sugar while continuing to mix on low. Add melted chocolate and mix just till combined. Add vanilla and Frangelico and mix just till incorporated. Mix in eggs, one at a time on low, just till incorporated, scraping bowl as needed,
- Wrap your springform pan in a layer of heavy-duty foil and place it into a roasting pan. Pour batter into springform pan and smooth top if needed. Pour hot water into the roasting pan till it comes about a couple inches on sides of the springform pan. Carefully place a roasting pan in oven and bake about 60 minutes or till the top is a bit golden and almost totally set. Remove from water bath, then remove foil and allow to come to room temperature on cooling rack. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Decorate with white chocolate curls if desired.