White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake
White chocolate Frangelico cheesecake is truly a unique homemade cheesecake dessert! Two additions to a traditional cheesecake recipe turn this White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake into something extraordinary!
This White Chocolate Cheesecake is glammed up with white chocolate curls for an elegant presentation, but it’s the creamy, luscious texture that will sell you after your first bite!
Why You Should Make this Cheesecake
My daughter, Katie, orders cheesecake practically every time we dine out. She is a big-time fan. So when a group of bloggers decided to celebrate National Cheesecake Day (am I the only one who is always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to foodie holidays?), I knew I’d have to participate.
- This White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake features an exquisite marriage of flavors. First is the addition of melted white chocolate to the batter. Plus, the Italian hazelnut liqueur adds a sublime undertone to an already exquisite cheesecake.
- Using my tips creates one of the creamiest cheesecakes you’ll ever taste!
- This is a party-worthy dessert. I promise you’ll get asked for the recipe if you share this cheesecake with friends!
Frequently Asked Questions
A few of my tips include making sure your eggs and cream cheese are at room temperature, do not overmix the batter and do not overbake. The middle of the cheesecake can jiggle a bit because it will continue baking after you turn the oven off.
Let it cool on a rack to room temperature, then chill overnight in the refrigerator. It will be set completely after it’s completely chilled.
It should be kept in the refrigerator, but bring it out about an hour before serving as it tastes best and is creamiest when allowed to warm up a bit. It can be kept refrigerated for about 3 days, covered with plastic wrap. To freeze, add a layer of foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
White chocolate isn’t true chocolate because it doesn’t contain chocolate liquor. But it does contain cocoa butter.
Tips for Making a Cheesecake:
Since it IS National Cheesecake Day, I thought I’d share my tips for making the BEST cheesecake:
- Make sure your eggs, cream cheese, and sour cream and/or cream are at room temperature.
- You can hurry along the process by setting the eggs in a bowl of warm water to take the chill off.
- Set the cream cheese and any other dairy ingredients out on the counter about an hour before mixing to take the chill off.
- Use the paddle attachment of your stand mixer to mix the batter.
- Do not whip or over-mix the batter. You don’t want to incorporate air into the mixture.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, just until each is incorporated.
- Bake in a shallow bain-marie or water bath to minimize cracking. This step helps the cheesecake bake evenly and at a controlled temperature.
- Wrap your springform pan well in heavy-duty foil to protect any water from getting into the pan while baking. Double wrap if your pan is known to be leaky. This prevents any of the bain-marie water from having access to the crust.
- Electric stand mixer–you’ll want to use the paddle attachment to mix this and any other cheesecake batter.
- 9-inch springform baking pan–springform pans are made with a bottom piece along with a side piece that can be released from the base. They are a must for making cheesecakes as they allow for easy removal of the dessert for display and serving.
More Extraordinary Cheesecake Recipes:
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
Thanks so much to my sweet friend, Roxana, for coordinating this event!!! We were roomies at BlogHerFood in Miami.
This cheesecake recipe was first shared in 2014. The text was updated in 2021.
- One 9-ounce package chocolate wafers (I use Nabisco Famous Wafers), processed into fine crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter and pat into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes, then set on rack to cool while making filling. Decrease oven temperature to 325º.
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on low for a minute, scrape down sides of bowl, then slowly add sugar while continuing to mix on low. Add melted chocolate and mix just till combined. Add vanilla and Frangelico and mix just till incorporated. Mix in eggs, one at a time on low, just till incorporated, scraping bowl as needed,
- Wrap your springform pan in a layer of heavy-duty foil and place it into a roasting pan. Pour batter into springform pan and smooth top if needed. Pour hot water into the roasting pan till it comes about a couple inches on sides of the springform pan. Carefully place a roasting pan in oven and bake about 60 minutes or till the top is a bit golden and almost totally set. Remove from water bath, then remove foil and allow to come to room temperature on cooling rack. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Decorate with white chocolate curls if desired.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 6g