White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
White chocolate candy cane cookies are a simple but delicious holiday cookie! Today is the reveal day for the FIFTH annual Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! I was paired with three other food bloggers and mailed each a dozen cookies.
This buttery Candy Cane Cookie Recipe is perfect to kick off the holiday baking season.
White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
My inspiration for the white chocolate candy cane cookies recipe came from some festive dish towels, covered with minty candy swirls, that I found. I plan to tuck them in with the cookies for a fun addition to my packages. When I put together gift boxes, I have a tendency to color coordinate and I needed to develop a cookie with this mint theme!
So I added crushed candy canes to my favorite cookie dough and tossed in a few white chocolate chips for good measure. My taste testers gave this candy cane cookie recipe a thumbs up.
The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap
- Sugar Hero sent me the most decadent Spicy Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Cinnamon Buttercream and Caramel. I’ve visited Elizabeth’s fabulous blog for years and was thrilled to get the chance to sample one of her gorgeous creations.
- An Alli Event delivered some wonderful Toffee Butter Cookies. How did she know toffee is one of my favorite sweets?! Alli also kindly included the recipe so I didn’t have to wait till today!
- And last, but not least, This Cookin’ Dad‘s box of cookies was a tasty mystery! I will pop by his blog today to see what exactly was in his buttery, citrus and herb-tinged almond cookies. They were delicious, Brian! (They were Lemon Basil Almond Sugar Cookies!)
The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap is hosted by Love & Olive Oil and The Little Kitchen. Besides all the fabulous cookies arriving at bloggers’ doorsteps across the country, there’s a bonus to this holiday fun.
We are again partnering with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer, which claims the lives of more children in the US than any other disease. A small donation from each of the participating bloggers adds up quickly!
I hope you’ll add the White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies recipe to your holiday baking list!
The aroma of these candy cane cookies baking in the oven will get you in the holiday spirit!
More Mint Desserts:
- Thin Mint Cheesecake Brownie Cake from Inside BruCrew Life
- Mint Chocolate Brownies from Wine and Glue
- Mini Cupcakes from Lemons for Lulu
- Swirled Peppermint Bark
- Grasshopper Pie
- Easy Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Peppermint Bark Snowflakes
- More Cookie Recipes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes, leave dust behind
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In your mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix till combined.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped white chocolate and crushed candy canes.
- Spoon out generous tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 2-inches between cookies. I love to use my OXO cookie scoop.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are light brown. Slightly under-baking makes for a chewy cookie.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a couple minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g