Verismo Coffee System by Starbucks
I rarely do a review without a recipe, but when Julianne from Staples offered me their slim and sleek Starbucks Verismo System to test, how could I refuse? This coffee system is a single cup brewer and uses pods, or self-contained packets of either coffee, espresso, tea…plus milk for your lattes. I got my espresso loving son to help me sample some of the beverages…it wasn’t too hard to twist his arm.
- I am all about aesthetics…so when I realized there were three color options, Piano Black, Burgundy and Champagne, I was delighted. Off to an excellent start. My friends won’t be surprised that I selected the red brewer. It’s pretty enough to sit unobtrusively on your kitchen counter.
- Unlike other coffee systems, this brewer makes both coffee and espresso. Tom vouched for the espresso…and enjoyed his caffeine infusion.You can also purchase Masala Chai, so I was able to get a delicious tea fix.
- The system has you run an espresso cycle when you start up the machine to “rinse” the brewing mechanism. For someone like me who might forget, this is a nice feature.
- I love the idea of not having to brew a whole pot of coffee when a friend drops by or if we have another couple over for dinner.
CONS of this Verismo Coffee System:
- Very few. I noted a little dripping after brewing a cup, but the handy receptacle upon which the cup rests catches any overflow.
- My son would like refillable pods so he can use his favorite blends. Since this is a Starbucks product, I have a feeling they’d like us to keep using their products.
- I’d also love to see some black tea pods…but I was able to use the system as a hot water dispenser for my own tea bag…a nice option.
This Verismo Coffee System can be purchased at Staples.
Disclosure: Stapes supplied me with one Verismo Coffee System to review. I was not compensated for writing this post and the opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Staples.