Triple Ginger Snaps
These Triple Ginger Snaps will delight your palate with ground ginger, crystallized ginger, and fresh ginger.
Ginger Snap Cookies are truly one of my favorite desserts. This amped-up version is perfect for the holidays, cookie exchanges and after school treats! I bet your crew will love these gingersnaps as much as mine does!
Triple Ginger Snaps
Bill and I have each influenced our children. He loves Oreos; they love Oreos. I am not a fan. The kids love ginger cookies, I love ginger cookies. He will not touch them. If he married some other gal, his children would most likely be eating canned beanie weenies and boxed mac and cheese.
Thank goodness our children are well rounded. And that they love my chewy ginger snaps. My standard, go-to recipe is full of warm spices and molasses. The ginger in this version is amplified by using powdered ginger, fresh ginger and crystallized ginger. Perfect tea time cookie and perfect holiday cookie!
Ginger Snap Cookies
I first baked these ginger snap cookies in 2009 when they appeared in the December issue of Bon Appetit. These sassy cookies were an instant hit with their intense ginger flavor. I’ve tweaked them very slightly to make prep easier. If you are a ginger fan, you’ll love these babies!
Things you may need for this ginger cookies recipe:
More Terrific Cookies:
- Dulce de Leche Stuffed Chocolate Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Pink Coconut Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Christmas Pudding Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Nutella Skillet Cookie by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Chewy Ginger Snaps
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Holiday Pinwheel Cookies
- More Best Cookie Recipes
Triple Ginger Snaps
Chewy ginger snap cookies with a delicious triple boost of ginger!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mild molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh peeled ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- Sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, crystallized ginger, baking soda and salt; set aside. With electric mixer, beat butter till light, then add brown sugar and beat till creamy.Add egg, molasses, fresh ginger, ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix to blend. Add flour mixture and beat on low just till incorporated.
- Pour some sugar into a shallow bowl. Scoop out rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls between hands. Roll in sugar to coat, then place on baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough placing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until surfaces crack and cookies are set around edges but still slightly soft in center, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
43 Comments on “Triple Ginger Snaps”
Something’s talking and I don’t know what it is or how to turn it off! I’m now hearing about thrush! Back to the cookies…I can’t think. It won’t stop. What is going on. Not there’s an ad for super-krill oil but I can’t see an ad for krill oil. I do love ginger snaps xx
I really need to try my hand at making some GiGi-Diet Approved Ginger Snaps! 😀
These are lovely cookies. I love ginger cookies and the hubby isn’t a fan but I’ve gotten him to eat a few.
Ricotta cookies with sprinkles.
I like to bake sugar cookies and snickerdoodles during the holidays.
OMG you got the magic touch with cookies! These look perfect, the textures, just the right amount of cracks! Beautiful work as always!
These look like the best ginger snaps, love that triple hit of ginger!
What deliciousness! I can imagine dunking one of these cookies in a nice cup of tea!
I’m still laughing at beanie weenies and boxed mac and cheese.
Ginger snaps are what I think of when I think of Christmas because it’s the only time of year my mother would make them. Not that she made anything quite as pretty as yours.
Hope those children realize the narrow escape they had when their father had the good sense to marry you. See, I am giving him some credit too. And that is how we build consensus.
Gorgeous ginger cookies, Liz, as always.
Beautiful ginger cookies.. today I’ve made some cookies with my daughters.. they really enjoyed it.. will have to try these as well..
ohhhhh I bet these cookies just smell like Christmas!
I LOVE gingersnaps! And I love them chewy and extra gingery. These look perfect, Liz!
I like making chocolate crinkles and Russian tea cakes for Christmas.
My favorite cookies to bake at the holidays is Iced Homemade Sugar Cookies
I adore ginger cookies! These look awesome, Liz.
I’m a huge ginger fan and adore ginger snap cookies. I especially like to use them in my sauerbraten recipe (without the sugar topping of course). These cookies looks wonderful, Liz.
I love to use my basic sugar cookie recipe and let the kids decorate them.
Perfect with a hot cuppa! You really have me needing to pick up some crystallized ginger this weekend:@)
Well, thank God Bill married you because you can’t be giving kids canned beanie weanies and boxed mac and cheese!!!! 😛 I LOVE ginger snaps!!! and these have like triple the ginger?!!! oh my GAWD, I love these!!