Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with white, milk, and semisweet chocolate chips baked into a rich, delicious chocolate-laden dough. Every bite will satisfy your deepest chocolate cravings.
These Chewy Chocolate Cookies are an easy way to get your chocolate fix. My family could hardly wait until they were cool to dive in, and I bet yours will be thrilled with them, too.
Why You Must Make
- They are packed full of chocolate chips so you’ll get milk, semisweet and white chocolate in every bite!
- They’re soft, chewy, and delicious warm from the oven and at room temperature.
- These gems freeze well, so you’ll always have an easy way to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Then I had a TV gig on our local CBS affiliate (chatting about indoor grilling) and I needed to share treats with the crew. Chocolate seems to be a universally loved flavor, so these triple chocolate wonders looked perfect. In fact, you might even call them quintuple chocolate cookies since the dough contained melted semi-sweet AND cocoa powder along with the three chocolate chips/chunks/discs.
Though my youngest, not a white chocolate fan, reminded me that white chocolate wasn’t officially chocolate. He’s so literal. Call them what you will, but I bet decadent and delicious will come to mind with your first bite.
- Use a paddle attachment when making cookies. This will prevent air from being beaten into the batter which makes for cakier than chewy cookies.
- Use room-temperature eggs and butter for easier incorporation.
- PRO-Tip: Make sure your baking powder is fresh. It has an expiration date on the package and if old, it will not leaven the cookies. Note that baking powder is not the same as baking soda.
- To check if your baking powder is still active, put a spoonful in a bowl of very hot water. If it bubbles vigorously, it’s fresh. If not, replace before baking.
- Use decent-quality chocolate to flavor the dough. Ghirardelli bars work well. I also used Ghirardelli chocolate chips.
- PRO-Tip: Don’t chill your dough too long or it will be very difficult to scoop the dough. If you do refrigerate overnight, let it warm up at room temperature for about an hour to let it soften.
- Use a medium cookie disher to make consistent-sized cookies, then roll them between your palms to make nice dough balls.
- If you’re making these as a gift or for a special occasion, you can press a few more chocolate chips into the hot cookies when they come out of the oven for a professional appearance. Use an oven mitt as needed to stabilize the pan so you don’t burn yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
First, make sure not to overbake. But also look at the recipe. Using brown sugar instead of or in addition to white sugar adds moisture, therefore helping to make chewier cookies.
Extra fat like chocolate or an additional egg yolk, also makes moister chewier cookies. If you see cornstarch in the recipe, it takes the place of some of the flour, lowering the amount of gluten in the recipe, and resulting in softer cookies.
Baking soda is used when there is an acid in the dough or batter. It is 3-4 times as powerful a leavening agent as baking powder. Baking powder already contains acid so will leaven without any extra needed in the recipe.
You May Also Like:
- Triple Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- Chewy Brownie Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
- The New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
- More of my Best Cookie Recipes
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle for another magnificent cookie recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. My family adored these Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies–no surprise there!
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Double chocolate cookie dough with melted chocolate and cocoa filled with 3 kinds of chocolate chips and baked to fudgy perfection!
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or disks
- Melt the semisweet chocolate in the microwave and let cool.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix till combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix till incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and mix just till combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Using a cookie scoop drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a sheet and bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on pan a few minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
24 Comments on “Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies”
My kids couldn’t stop eating these!! They’re so good and amazing!
These look absolutely wonderful and baked to perfection! Great recipe, Lizy.
First, a huge CONGRATULATIONS for your TV gig Liz!
Great things are ahead, and you most certainly deserve them. You have put lots of work AND love in this blog after all and this must be recognized.
So again, KUDOS for this!
Now; regarding those 3ple chocolate cookies: They are absolutely jaw-dropping. We can’t wait to try those. For the time being, they’re YUMMED in order to be bookmarked:)
Sending you our love,
Panos and Mirella
All that chocolate must be fabulous. I love fudgy cookies. You can’t go wrong with all those chips.
OMG. Triple chocolate sounds three times better than just ‘chocolate’! I love this recipe!
Looking like ice cream at first glance! These must be good!!!
Julie & Alesah
Gourmet Getaways xx
triple chocolate?! these cookies look amazing!!! and can’t wait to hear more about your first TV gig on your local CBS affiliate!! Congrats, Liz!!!
How exciting, Liz! Your performance on CBS was undoubtedly stellar…I’m sure your treats and tips were well received. Bravo!
I love these cookies! I have a very old cookbook that I must try to find that has a triple-chocolate cookie recipe. You’ve inspired me to make them. I’ll compare my recipe with yours. I’ll blog them and you can let me know what you think! xx
Congrats on the TV gig!! These cookies look amazing 😀
These look so chewy and delicious!
You had me at triple chocolate! What perfect cookies!
I love cookies, but cookies laden with chocolate? I am so there!
Chocolate! I knew it!!! ha ha!!! They look wonderful….as always!!!! xoxo
well they look awesome off to check out Danielles to!
These are the perfect treat for sharing! Love all the chocolate in these, Liz! They would be a big hit at our house!
Congratulations on your TV gig, Liz! How exciting! I can see how these cookies must have disappeared when you share them. They look delicious and are a chocolate lover’s dream! Chocolate + more chocolates = serious yum!
I’m sure that T.V. gig was the first of many to come. These cookies would be like Lay’s potato chips in my house. No way could I eat just one!
A lot of different chocolate! Yes please!
Dear Lizzy, this cookies would be a hit in my house too. They sound like a wonderful treat to have at night. P.S. white chocolate counts to me! xoxo, Catherine