Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
A triple chocolate cheesecake with a chocolate crust, chocolate filling and ganache topping!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 78 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 58 minutes
- Yield: 16-20 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 24 Oreo cookies-place in food processor and crush to crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate,chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º,
- Mix oreo crumbs and melted butter and press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. If you have any butter seep out, just wipe with a paper towel.
- Let cool.
- To make cheesecake, melt the chocolate in the microwave and let cool. Beat cream cheese in your mixer fit with the paddle attachment.
- Add sugar and cocoa and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time on low, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour in the cooled, melted chocolate, and mix on low to blend.
- Pour this over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake about 70 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Drag a thin knife around the sides and chill overnight.
- To make the ganache, combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, stirring smooth.
- Remove the sides of the springform and pour on the ganache allowing it to run down the sides a bit.
- Top chocolate curls if desired.