A dessert dip with the classic flavors of the chocolate-peanut butter cookie made famous by the Girl Scouts.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Appetizer
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (add up to 1/4 cup more for more intense peanut butter flavor)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1–1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mini peanut butter cups, to garnish
- Cookies and/or graham crackers to serve
- With hand held mixer, whip together cream cheese and butter till smooth. Add peanut butter and mix till combined. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Garnish with mini-peanut butter cups or more mini chocolate chips, if desired. Serve with cookies of your choice as dippers.
Updated to give a range of peanut butter amounts for those who want a more intense peanut butter flavor. Start with the smallest amount, taste, then add more to taste.