Tagalong Cookie Bars
All the incredible flavors of one of our favorite Girl Scout Cookies in these spectacular Tagalong Cookie Bars!
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 52 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate bars, I used Ghirardelli
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick foil. Set aside.
- To make the crust, put all ingredients into a bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix to a crumbly dough. Press into the pan and prick it with a fork all over. Bake 12 minutes just to set it, not brown it.
- To make the filling, combine the melted butter with the other ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the peanut butter mixture over the warm crust.
- To make the chocolate topping, microwave the chocolate and oil just till melted and stir smooth.
- Pour over the peanut butter layer and smooth with an offset spatula. Chill for a couple hours, then bring to room temperature to cut and serve.
Adapted from Averie Cooks via Hugs and Cookies XOXO