Sun-dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta with Broccoli is a riff on one of our favorite, speedy chicken dinners! We were given some homemade Italian sausage that inspired this fabulous entree!
Sun-dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta with Broccoli
Years ago, I started making chicken with broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes and bow tie pasta. Joy Philbin was on Regis and Kathie Lee, and she shared this recipe. Over the decades, it morphed into my own recipe.
Well, as seems to happen, we’d eaten chicken for days in a row and I needed another, easy dinner idea. We were just gifted a large amount of homemade Italian sausage from one of Bill’s patients who is also now a good friend. He drops off coils of fabulous sausage to Bills office. Lucky us!
I wondered how the old family favorite would taste made with sausage. Thank goodness, this Sun-dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta with Broccoli was as amazing as the original!!
Easy Skillet Pasta
Who doesn’t love an easy skillet pasta? Besides the extra pot for boiling up the shells, only one pan is involved. Easy cleanup with delicious results! Can’t beat that! Plus you have your meat, vegetables, and grains in one dish. A green salad and some crusty rolls or garlic bread rounds out the meal!
I hope you’ll give this easy weeknight dinner a try! What’s your favorite skillet dinner recipe?
More Skillet Dinner Recipes:
- Skillet Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie from From Valerie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Chicken Marsala with Herbed Mushrooms from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fiesta Chicken from Well Plated
- Easy Retro Taco Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chicken Enchilada Skillet from Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced into very thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces orchiette pasta, cooked and drained (or favorite shape pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Morton's Nature's Seasons)
- 1 tablespoon butter, to finish
Add olive oil to large saute pan and heat to medium. Add onions and cook until soft. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, less than a minute.
Add the sausage and cook until browned. Add sun-dried tomatoes, then sprinkle with basil and crushed red pepper flakes to taste. Stir.
Add the florets and broth. Cover with lid and allow broccoli to steam until a knife easily pierces the stem.