Stuffed Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats #SundaySupper
No bake peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats stuffed with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Cookies, No-Bake Cookies, Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup (I use Karo brand)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 10-ounce bag of snack sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, frozen for about a half hour
Chocolate topping (double for full coverage):
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with non-stick foil, or foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- Put cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix together the sugar and corn syrup. Cook until the sugar dissolves without allowing the mixture to boil. Remove from heat and mix in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal and mix till combined.
- Gently pat half the cereal mixture into the pan. Top with frozen peanut butter cups.
- Place small amounts of cereal in spaces between peanut butter cups, then add the rest of the cereal mixture and press gently till top is even.
- Heat the butter and cream in microwave safe bowl, till butter melts. Add chopped chocolate and stir till melted. Stir in powdered sugar till smooth. Pour over cereal bars. May double topping if desired (if your top is uneven some Rice Krispies may peek through).