Streusel Topped Raspberry Squares
These terrific Streusel Topped Raspberry Squares have a buttery crust, raspberry filling and a yummy streusel topping!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 42 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 12 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Dash of salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam, with or without seeds
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1–2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Make crust by combining ¾ cup flour, powdered sugar, salt, and 6 tablespoons of butter. Cut butter into dry ingredients till the butter is the size of small peas (may use a pastry blender or even food processor). Sprinkle the mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch pan. Press onto bottom of pan using your hands. Bake 10-12 minutes or till just starting to brown.
- Make the filling by melting the jam in a small saucepan or the microwave.
- Gently mix the raspberries with 1-2 tablespoons of flour (I just used 1 tablespoon with fresh berries). Set aside.
- Make the streusel topping by mixing the remainder of the butter, flour and brown sugar using a pastry blender or food processor just till combined and crumbly.
- When the crust is done, remove from oven and using pastry brush or back of a spoon, spread jam over the surface. Top with berries, then sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or till berries are bubbling and topping is brown. Cool completely before cutting.
This recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Baking times remain the same.
Adapted from Stonewall Kitchen Favorites.