Streusel Topped Peach Tart
A peach tart made with fresh summer peaches and topped with a buttery streusel.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Tart
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 egg yolks, whisked to break up
- 4 peaches, peeled pitted and sliced about 1/2 inch wide
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Put the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to combine.
- Scatter the pieces of butter over the dry ingredients and pulse until the butter is pea-sized or smaller.
- Add the yolks, a little at a time, pulsing after each addition. When the eggs are all in, process the dough in long pulses until it starts to clump.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently to pull the dough together. Wrap in plastic and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Press the dough into a 9-inch fluted, greased tart pan with a removable bottom. Press the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Set on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add peach slices and lemon juice and gently toss. Arrange peach slices in concentric circles over the crust, starting on the outside and working towards the middle. Pour any of the juices in the bowl over the tart.
- To make the topping, mix together the flour and brown sugar. With fingers, rub the butter pieces into the dry ingredients to make crumbs. Spread over top of the tart.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or till crust is brown and filling is bubbling.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.