Strawberry Topped Cheesecake
A creamy, decadent cheesecake topped with glazed strawberries
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 20 whole graham crackers (10 ounces, broken into pieces)
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks cold butter, diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 8- ounce packages of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh strawberries (hulled (I used 32 ounces))
- Jar of red currant jelly (or raspberry jelly)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Add graham crackers, butter and brown sugar to food processor and pulse till crumbs start to stick together. Press crumbs on bottom and most of the way up the sides of a 10 inch springform pan with 3 inch sides. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on rack. Keep oven on while preparing filling.
- With paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt together till very smooth, scraping down edges of bowl as needed. Add flour and mix till combined. Add eggs, one at a time, just till incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Pour batter into crust and bake about 55 minutes. Center should be just set and top will be puffed and brown in spots. Cool on rack for 10 minutes while preparing topping. Keep oven on.
- Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over top of cake, stopping just short of the edge. Bake for 5 minutes. Run knife around perimeter of cheesecake. Allow to cool on rack, then cover and chill overnight.
- Before serving, release sides of springform pan. Arrange whole berries, pointed sides up, over top of cheesecake. Gently melt jelly in microwave, then allow to cool to lukewarm. Brush over top of berries to glaze. Berries may be glazed up to 6 hours before serving. May serve with extra glaze if desired.
Adapted from Bon Appetit