Strawberry Salsa Topped Salmon
Asian inspired salmon topped with a fruit salsa featuring strawberries!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Seafood
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Asian, American
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup canola/vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2–1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the salsa:
- 1/2 cup finely diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup finely diced strawberries
- 1 finely diced kiwi
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Whisk together marinade ingredients and pour over salmon. Marinate 4-6 hours, flipping once. To make salsa, mix ingredients and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450º. Place marinated salmon on a grill pan or other baking dish. Cook for abut 14 minutes or till cooked to your desired doneness. Serve with salsa.
Total time does not include marinating time.