Strawberry Cream Pie
I spotted a recipe for Strawberry Cream Pie on What’s Cooking Italian Style Cuisine, the blog of my friend, Claudia. Her recipe called for Cool Whip, which unfortunately gives me a headache. So with a few tweaks, adding some extra cream cheese, sugar, and whipped cream, I had this luscious berry topped dessert just in time for Valentine’s Day.
A New Family Favorite!
The hubby loves a pastry crust, so I know when he gives rave reviews to a pie in a graham cracker crust it’s something pretty special. Even phenomenal!
Plus if you use a store-bought pie shell, this strawberry cream pie can be whipped up in no time! If you go that route, you may have enough filling to make TWO pies! Or mound the filling up high. I rarely use a premade crust, but I’m thinking they can be pretty shallow, right? Who wouldn’t be thrilled with a spare??!!
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Mini Strawberry Pies from Inside Bru Crew Life
- Mile High Strawberry Pie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heart Shaped Strawberry Hand Pies from Well Plated
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Fresh Strawberry Tartlets from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Strawberry Cream Pie Recipe
A scrumptious creamy pie topped with beautiful ripe strawberries for one impressive dessert!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8
- Cuisine: Dessert, Pie
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 8-ounce boxes) of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker shell
- 1 pound fresh strawberries sliced lengthwise
- Strawberry jam or currant jelly, warmed slightly
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together. Stir in the vanilla, sour cream. Whip the cream and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until firm.
- Decorate with strawberries and brush with warm jam.
I used red currant jam to glaze the strawberries.
- Calories: 464kcal
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 288mg
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 95mg