Strawberry Cream Pie is the perfect way to showcase luscious fresh berries. Sweet, ripe, juicy berries create a showstopping dessert!
A Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe is the perfect way to treat your family! The dreamy homemade filling with real whipped cream pairs perfectly with strawberries. The rave reviews will come within seconds of everyone’s first bite. You can even use a storebought graham cracker crust for an even easier version!
Strawberry Cream Pie
I spotted a recipe for Strawberry Cream Pie on What’s Cooking Italian Style Cuisine, the blog of my friend, Claudia. Her recipe called for Cool Whip, which unfortunately gives me a headache. So with a few tweaks, adding some extra cream cheese, sugar, and whipped cream, I had this luscious berry topped dessert just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Tips for Making This Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- The hubby prefers a pastry crust, so I know when he gives rave reviews to a pie in a graham cracker crust it’s something pretty special. Even phenomenal!
- Plus if you use a store-bought pie shell, this strawberry cream pie can be whipped up in no time! If you go that route, you may have enough filling to make TWO pies! Or mound the filling up high. I rarely use a premade crust, but I’m thinking they can be pretty shallow, right? Who wouldn’t be thrilled with a spare??!!
- Have your cream cheese at room temperature for easy blending. I like to set a package on the counter for an hour or two before I plan to mix up the filling.
- The pie will firm up in the refrigerator, so plan on making it at least 4 hours before eating, but longer is even better.
- Pick out the reddest, most fragrant, unmarred berries you can find. I will purchase more than the amount stated in the recipe, so I can pick and choose the best looking strawberries.
- You can easily top this easy strawberry pie recipe with other fruit or even a beautiful array with a rainbow of colors. I like glazing these vibrant red berries with currant jelly, but feel free to swap that out with another jelly, especially if you use another fruit. I’m thinking raspberries!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Select the Best Strawberries?
When you’re at the market, you should be able to smell the sweet strawberry aroma when approaching the display. Besides the scent, perfectly ripe berries should be red to the stem with a glossy sheen. Strawberry seeds should not look brown and dehydrated. It’s imperative your berries are tasty as they are the star of this strawberry pie!
Why Bring Cream Cheese to Room Temperature Before Mixing?
Set your cream cheese out on the counter about 2 hours before using it. Cold cream cheese does not blend smoothly, but instead leaves small clumps of cream cheese despite how much you blend it! Thus, for the smoothest, silkiest filling, let the cream cheese warm up before using.
What Kind of Crust Should You Use?
My husband prefers a homemade pastry crust, but I am a huge fan of graham cracker crusts. Of course, a homemade or store-bought pastry crust or even a cookie crust with vanilla wafer crumbs would be delicious, too. All options except storebought crusts should be baked and cooled before filling.
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Mini Strawberry Pies from Inside Bru Crew Life
- Heart-Shaped Strawberry Hand Pies from Well Plated
- Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Mile High Strawberry Pie Dessert
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert
- Fresh Strawberry Tartlets
- Plus More of my Best Dessert Recipes
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 8-ounce boxes) of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker shell
- 1 pound fresh strawberries sliced lengthwise
- Strawberry jam or currant jelly, warmed slightly
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together. Stir in the vanilla, sour cream. Whip the cream and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until firm.
- Decorate with strawberries and brush with warm jam.
I used red currant jam to glaze the strawberries.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 8g