Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
A cookie bar with both a cheesecake and fresh strawberry layer.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bars
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- Sliced strawberries (8-12 depending on size. Toss slices in a bit of sugar if they aren’t sweet enough)
- Currant (or any red jelly) jelly, to glaze, optional
- Heat over to 350º.
- In a medium bowl blend thoroughly butter, brown sugar and flour with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press the mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with nonstick foil; bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth. Thoroughly beat in egg, sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla. Spread over the baked crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool, then chill for at least 1 hour. Gently warm about a tablespoon of currant jelly and whisk to liquefy. Brush berries with jelly. Cut and serve.