Spinach Feta Pinwheels
A twist on the classic Greek spanakopita using puff pastry!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 pinwheels 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Greek-American
- 1 egg whisked with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (buy a block and crumble it yourself
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- A few grates of fresh nutmeg
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- Whisk together the egg and water, set aside.
- Mix together the cheeses, onion and seasonings. Set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to flatten the seams. Brushthe surface with your egg wash.
- Top the surface with the cheese mixture, then break apart the spinach and spread evenly over the surface. ***Leave about an inch free of toppings on one of the short sides.***
- Starting on the short side that’s covered with filling, roll up the pastry like a jellyroll.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment. Slice the roll into ½-3/4 inch slices and place them on the prepared sheets. Pop into the refrigerator or freezer to let them cool as the oven preheats to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they’re golden.
- Calories: 143kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 142mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 7mg