Spinach and Bell Pepper Frittata
A versatile dish that’s delicious for any meal of the day
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Saute, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2–3 mini bell peppers, sliced into rings with seeds removed, I used Baloian Farms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 6–8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Saute shallots and bell peppers in olive oil in a non-stick skillet till tender. Add spinach and saute till wilted. Stir in basil.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and cheese and add to skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, and carefully lift the edges of the egg with your spatula (I recommended OXO Flip & Fold Omelet Turner) to let some of the uncooked egg flow under the fritatta. Cook for a couple minutes, then pop the pan in the oven and cook till puffed and slightly browned (time will vary depending on size of your pan, but mine took 10 minutes). Center should be look set.