Spicy Sugared Cashews
Sugared cashews with two spicy options, cinnamon or rosemary!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Whipping, Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 cups roasted cashews (if you use lightly salted nuts, decrease the salt in recipe)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon OR
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In your stand mixer (may be done with a hand mixer or whisk), beat egg white and water till foamy (you do not want the whites to get white like when making meringues).
- Add the cashews and mix till they’re well coated.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, cayenne, and salt. Stir. Add in your extra ingredient, either the cinnamon or rosemary and mix well.
- Spread evenly over your prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes till browned. May cook more or less, just watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely, even overnight. Store in a covered container.
Adapted from Averie Cooks and Ina Garten.