Spaghetti Pie with Sour Cream
Spaghetti Pie with Sour Cream is a family-friendly pasta dish. Easy to make, this is delicious comfort food with an Italian flare!
This Spaghetti Casserole is bound to be a hit with your family! With only pasta, gooey cheese, spaghetti sauce, sour cream, and ground beef, kids love it!
Easy Baked Spaghetti Pie with Sour Cream
I’d never heard of spaghetti pie till I moved to Indiana. This seemed to be a popular dish among families here and is typically made with a crust of spaghetti, a layer of cottage cheese followed by ground beef, spaghetti sauce, and cheese. I clipped this recipe from the paper years ago; this version appealed to me because it was a spaghetti pie with sour cream instead of cottage cheese.
This Italian inspired pie is one of those dishes I whip up when I have some of leftover spaghetti sauce or marinara in the freezer. My favorite part of this Spaghetti Casserole is the very edge of the crust, slightly eggy, with a few crispy noodles.
This Easy Spaghetti Pie is family-friendly and got my family’s seal of approval. It can be tweaked in numerous ways to make it your own.
- I love this version with sour cream instead of cottage cheese, but you can go back and use cottage cheese, ricotta, or even cream cheese instead.
- Use Italian sausage instead of ground beef or throw in some sauteed mushrooms (that would be taboo at my house!).
- I simply season the ground beef with salt. Adding Italian spices would jazz this up even more.
- You can also add some minced onion and garlic while sauteing the beef for additional flavor. I like keeping it simple for an easy weeknight meal.
- If you want to make this spaghetti pie ahead of time, it freezes well.
- Just wrap the unbaked “pie” with foil and/or plastic wrap and freeze. When you’re ready to serve, bake at 325º for 1 1/2 hours or till cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
How to Make Spaghetti Pie
- Make a crust composed of cooked spaghetti noodles, 2 beaten eggs, and some Parmesan cheese.
- Next, arrange the pasta mixture in a greased pie dish.
- Then, layer sour cream, cooked ground beef, spaghetti sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes and dinner is served!
What’s not to love about this spaghetti pie? This is definitely a family-friendly recipe. It would be easy to double or triple and bake in a 9 x 13 pan for a crowd. My Italian Poutine Pie is a similar recipe with a hash brown instead of pasta crust. Plus, this Skillet Taco Pie is comfort food from my childhood.
You May Also Like:
- Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup from Melanie Makes
- The Best Meatloaf
- Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Spicy Penne with Tomatoes and Havarti
- Chili Relleno Casserole
- Chicken Feta Casserole
- Cheesy Baked Pasta with Prosciutto
- More Pasta Recipes
- More Entree Recipes
- 9 inch pie plate (affiliate links)
This recipe was first posted in January 2012. Photos and text were updated in 2019.
Spaghetti Pie Recipe
A family favorite entree with a noodle crust, ground beef, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella topping!
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and cooled
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked with 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, crumbled and drained
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces meatless spaghetti sauce/marinara
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine spaghetti, eggs, and Parmesan. Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Top with sour cream, then ground beef, spaghetti sauce, and finally the mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
The next time you make spaghetti or marinara sauce, reserve a cup so you can make this recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 980mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 36g
79 Comments on “Spaghetti Pie with Sour Cream”
I don’t think I have heard of this dish before, but I bet my boys would love it 🙂
I have never had spaghetti pie, Lizzy, but that’s about to change. I am absolutely intrigued by your creation and I have lots of spaghetti looking for a dish to belong to.
Spaghetti pie was, hilariously, the first dinner I ever made my husband – back in the day when he was still just a boyfriend. I didn’t know what he’d think, but he loved it! I make mine with ricotta. It’s a keeper. So is he. 🙂
That’s something very new to me – Spaghetti Pie!!Never thought I could bake Spaghetti into this delicious pie.It looks wonderful and must taste smashingly good.Drooling for a bite already:)
This sounds like a perfect meal. I love how it would be great for busy families, just heat it up and go, YUM! Hugs, Terra
Hmm…I’ve never had spaghetti pie and it didn’t sound like something I’d make…until I saw your post. It looks really delicious and fairly simple to make. I guess I’ll need to put a box of spaghetti on my shopping list 🙂
I’m not sure I have heard of spaghetti pie, but I have heard of spaghetti tacos, lol. This looks pretty yummy though! You can never go wrong with spaghetti!
That’s crazy! I have never heard of that – pie + spaghetti. Oh, yes.
Actually, I used to have a spaghetti pie recipe, as well at least 30yrs ago…that’s ages ago, and mine came from one of those little church binder cookbooks but have gotten rid of that book a long time ago. Love yours with all that yummy cheese on the top, and really made in a pie pan…looks so incredible!
My mom used to make this. I haven’t had it in so many years – I will have to remedy that!
There’s just something about spaghetti pie that says yes to me every time.
I ve never heard it either but this dish looks delicious!
I’ve never heard of this. It looks delicious and a great way to serve spaghetti!
Una receta novedosa y hermosa me encanta una excelente propuesta,abrazos hugs,hugs.
I’ve never heard of spaghetti pie but it certainly looks wonderful.
I have heard of spaghetti pie before, but have never tried it. After seeing your post I think I will have to give it a try, I know my family would love it.
I’ve never seen spaghetti pie before! it looks delicious and almost better than lasagna, I can’t wait to try it
Now this is new to me. I am intrigued!
Lizzy this sound and look fantastic, you know my son love really love spaguettis I will try this dear:))
Not sure why, but this looks so much tastier than regular spaghetti! Perhaps it is just the cheese on top or the shape..Anyhow this looks like a great one to serve on a busy weeknight. Saved this recipe!