Southern Living’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Southern Living’s thick and chewy cookies with loads of chocolate!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 34 minutes
- Yield: 32 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate discs (or chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with paddle attachment of stand mixer until creamy. This can also be easily done by hand. Add eggs and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, beating until blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and beat until blended. Mix in chocolate by hand just until combined. Using a 2 tablespoon capacity cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Adapted from Southern Living