Sour Cream Streusel Coffeecake
A family recipe for a classic sour cream streusel coffee cake.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup walnut pieces, I recommend California Walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste, I recommend Nielsen-Massey
- 1⁄2 pint (1 cup) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350º. Butter and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan (or spray with oil/flour baking spray). Set aside.
- Mix together streusel ingredients in medium bowl till butter is mixed in completely. Use fingers to break mixture apart into dime sized crumbs or smaller.
- In a large bowl,beat together butter and sugar, then mix in eggs.
- Add vanilla bean paste and sour cream, and then slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix till combined, but take care not to overmix.
- Put half the batter in the prepared pan and smooth top. Sprinkle with half the crumbs. Add the rest of the batter followed by the rest of the crumbs.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until top is browned, and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before serving.
Cooling time not calculated into total time.