S’mores Fudge Bars
Layered s’mores bars with a graham cracker crust, fudge center and marshmallow topping.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Method: Boiling, Broiling
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick foil. Set aside
- Mix all crust ingredients and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- For the fudge filling, microwave the condensed milk and the chocolate chips together until melted and smooth. Pour onto the crust and spread with offset spatula. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- In a mixer, beat 2 egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form. Let that rest while you make the sugar syrup.
- In a pot, combine sugar, corn syrup, water and salt over medium-high heat.
- Boil together until a candy thermometer reaches 240°. This mixture is very HOT. Be careful.
- Slowly and carefully drizzle this into the egg whites with the mixer on low speed.
- Once added, put mixer on medium-high and beat 8 minutes. Add vanilla the last few seconds.
- Spread this all on top of the chocolate layer carefully. Swirl or make peaks if desired.
- Put pan under broiler for 1 minute or until the top of the marshmallow layer gets lightly golden. Watch carefully.
- Cool, chill, then cut into bars to serve.
Adapted from Cookies & Cups via Hugs & Cookies
Be careful when adding the sugar syrup to the egg whites as it is extremely hot.
Watch your pan carefully when it’s under the broiler so your topping does not burn.