S’mores + Cookies = S’mookies. A buttery, graham infused cookie topped with marshmallows and chocolate bars is a blissful experience!
I adored s’mores as a kid, but now would much rather eat these dreamy s’mores cookies with a boost of flavor from graham cracker crumbs, Hershey bar pieces and mini marshmallows.
Did you know you can enjoy the tasty flavors of S’mores all year round? Typically a summer treat, s’mores are those gooey graham cracker sandwiches you indulge on while gathered around a roaring campfire with whittled sticks and big, fluffy marshmallows.
I was a fan of the traditional s’mores as a child, but as an adult, I love having a variety of s’mores inspired desserts from which to choose! One of my favorites are s’mores in cookie form or S’mookies. Add some graham cracker crumbs to your cookie dough along with some mini-chocolate chips, then before they are fully baked, dot with mini-marshmallows and chunks of Hershey bars. Voila, s’mookies!
Better Than S’mores!
These s’mookies were a universal hit. I shared some with my sister and brother-in-law in Denver (my BIL is on crutches and, despite post-surgical pain, he made numerous trips to the kitchen to retrieve these cookies), my son’s roommate, Allison, declared these the best cookies she’s ever tasted (seriously!) and his other roommate, Alex, had them for breakfast.
I tell ya, they are THAT good. And you know where I found the recipe? On Danielle’s blog, Hugs and Cookies XOXO, as it’s that time again. We do our own version of the Secret Recipe Club each month, where we each bake from each other’s blogs on the second Monday of the month. I hit the jackpot with these s’mores inspired S’mookies!
Thanks, Danielle, for another winner! xoxo Make sure to scroll down to see how you can win a lovely bottle of premium vanilla extract.
Tips for Making S’mookies AKA S’mores Cookies
- These cookies are mixed together like your typical cookies. The sugars and butter is creamed together, eggs are added, then the dry ingredients mixed in. Graham cracker crumbs in addition to the flour, salt and baking soda, provide the graham cracker component of their namesake.
- Mix with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula for the best texture. Do not use a mixer unless on the lowest speed and only until the ingredients are just combined. You want to minimize gluten development.
- Chocolate chips are one of these cookie’s chocolate components. After the cookies are baked both squares of Hershey bars and mini marshmallows pressed into the warm cookies compete the s’mores trio.
- I use a medium cookie disher to make evenly sized cookies.
- The chocolate bar pieces and marshmallows would not keep their iconic shapes had they been mixed into the dough, so they are gently pressed into the cookies when they come out of the oven.
- If your cookies are slightly misshaped, they can be made into rounder by pressing their sides with a spatula while still hot.
- PRO-Tip: Take these S’mookies to your next cookout, picnic or bonfire and use them instead of graham crackers to make some outrageously decadent s’mores!
More Marshmallow Treats You’ll Love:
- M & M’s Marshmallow Dream Bars from Mom on Timeout
- Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Marshmallow Lego Pops from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Marshmallow Popcorn Balls from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Oreo Marshmallow Cheesecake from Nutmeg Nanny
All the terrific s’mores flavor in chewy cookie form! !Recipe courtesy of Hugs & Cookies XOXO
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey bars, chopped or equivalent amount of snack sized Hershey bars
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt. Whisk together. In a separate larger bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by large scoop onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of Hershey bar into each cookie. Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked. Cool a couple minutes on baking sheet, then remove to rack to cool completely.